Menu 'Protect Plans' isn't working

Hello, when I log onto the Ring app and click on the “Protect Plans” menu, I get a message “Something went wrong, please try again a little later”.
Is it because the credit card which was stored is cancelled? I ask because my billing cycle is yearly and I could see that the next renewal is on 18/12/2020 so I assume that the subscription is current.
Why then am I getting this message?

Just wanted to add that I’ve updated the credit card details to a current valid card on the web version but still see the error message in the app.

Hi @Aban! I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. This will ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Try also completing the subscription, or managing your subscriptions, by logging in at Ring.com.

If you are unable to subscribe despite payment information being correct, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.