Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
S
Mechanical Doorbell randomly ringing
installation
troubleshooting
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
Hi all, I have a ring doorbell gen 2 and a ring chime pro. Last night at 03:24am - our mechanical door bell went off, ringing as if someone was holding down the doorbell button. Naturally enough, my partner and myself got a fright but when checking the app and events. No one was there at all. We also don’t have mechanical rings enabled. The doorbell and chime are about 2 months old. When I checked the camera battery health and connection. It says the last health check was today at 03:24am. Could this of caused the random ring? ![IMG_1693|466x500, 100%](upload://uoCORAHVunO13SSP2m2rMojYkI2.jpeg) Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? Thanks in advance.

27-11-2023 03:55:13

Responses (11)

U
I have gen2 hardwired to my doorbell, the doorbell has been ringing at night, no one seems to be there and my motion lights aren’t coming on. I’d like to know what’s going on. It’s nerve racking and driving my dog crazy

01-12-2023 12:46:49

U
Ours has been doing the same for about the last 2 months or so. Always in the middle of the night. I just checked my device details and it shows a Last Health Check right around the time it rang this morning. I think we're on to something. We've had this doorbell installed for 3 years before this started happening.

01-12-2023 04:40:38

U
I just went back into the app > device settings > in home chime settings > automatic chime detection. The app then goes through a "checking your doorbell" process that sounds like what is happening with my doorbell in the middle of the night. It does a few short rings, then a longer ring has if the button is being held down. The long ring got stuck on, and I had to go back out and start the process again to stop it. When it happens in the middle of the night, it usually stops after about 10 seconds. Weird and annoying. Just went back and looked at the Last Health Check, and it is showing the time where I did the automatic chime detection just now.

01-12-2023 04:49:22

C
Hi neighbors. Please make sure your Ring app is fully updated, then perform a reboot using the [reboot option](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/7438395032980-Rebooting-your-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera) on the Device Health page. After the reboot is done, which should only take a few minutes, navigate to Device Settings > In-home Chime Settings > Advanced Settings to manually select which type of chime kit you have. Monitor your Doorbell's behavior moving forward. If you notice it randomly ringing, or not ringing properly, please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us#callus) for further assistance. They can take a look at things on the back end to see what may be causing this.

01-12-2023 05:16:33

U

I followed the instructions given in this threat to no avail. It happens whenever the stupid doorbell does a health check in the middle of the night. I always catch it on my Roku camera and it always shows the health check when the ding happens. We don’t want to use the ring chime. And it is hardwired to a mechanical doorbell setup. But we’ve had ours for 3 years and never once had this happen until recently. Rebooting did nothing. Not happy.

18-12-2023 07:51:57

M

I am experiencing the same thing and I just today figured out it was happening with the Health Check. I’ve also had mine at least 3 years and this just started happening. Any luck?

17-01-2024 10:50:34

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User