Mailbox Sensor To Bridge: Poor Connection

I have the mailbox sensor installed. The sensor was installed in the mailbox (metal mailbox), the antenna is mounted outside of the mailbox. The bridge is 75 feet away in a direct line of site to the antenna. The connection from the sensor to the bridge is “POOR” and often drops out. I thought that if the antenna was mounted on the outside of the mailbox there would be no interference. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Jim

1 Like

I have the same issue. Installation instructions say the sensor to be within 6ft of bridge, but that does not make sense because most mailboxes are several feet from the house

Hi neighbors. There is not an exact range that the Mailbox Sensor must be within. The Mailbox Sensor needs to be able to connect to your Ring Bridge in order to receive notifications from the app. Different things can affect the signal, including distance. This is why shared or community mailboxes are likely too far for the Mailbox Sensor to connect. If your mailbox is in front of your house, the Mailbox Sensor should be able connect to the Ring Bridge in your home.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.