Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
R
Mailbox Sensor only shows Stopped detecting motion
trending
mailbox-sensor
troubleshooting
About a week ago I stopped receiving notifications from my mailbox sensor. When checking Event History in the app (on either of my two devices that have the Ring App installed) the sensor ONLY shows the "Stopped detecting motion". It basically shows the Stopped Detecting Motion events as reliably as it always has, but the "Motion Detected" events are not showing. This causes no notification to trigger, because only the "motion detected" will trigger it. So I can see when the door has been open, but only by manually opening the app and checking the main dashboard, where I added the mailbox sensor activity widget underneath the "Disarmed", Home, and Away buttons, or by going into the event notification. So the device is clearly detecting movement but not sending the initial motion detected information, or the Ring Bridge isn't. I took the batteries out and put them back in, which didn't fix anything. I then removed the device from the Ring system through the app, then readded it and I get the same problem. I also unplugged the Ring Bridge and plugged it back in. This also did not change anything. I searched online and don't see anyone experience the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas for resetting this so it can start registering the movement again?

29-10-2023 05:31:20

Responses (13)

T
Hi @RingUser1683. It looks like you covered some basic troubleshooting steps that I would typically recommend. I suggest following up with our support team. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

31-10-2023 05:49:44

H
I have the exact same issue with my ring mailbox sensor and did all the steps mentioned above myself too and it still is not sending and logging in history the "Detect Motion" notification in event history. I noticed " Motion Detected " stopped showing up on in ring event history on Oct 22nd 2023. What is the solution? Please share. Thanks P.s. I also have my mailbox sensor linked in the app to both my ring video doorbell to trigger capturing a video and to my Amazon Show device to say "You got Mail" and those are working ok as i expect..And the Ring widget also shows I have new mail, but just like the original issue stated I get no notification on phone.

31-10-2023 11:07:32

U
I am having the same issue. It started two days ago. Has anyone been able to solve the problem?

01-11-2023 10:47:57

H
Call support. I did and it appears they know about it and they said they are investigating. But they said it appears this is affecting a small number of us...so the more they hear from us perhaps they will raise the severity of the issue. My guess the issue is with the Ring app. While i can't be certain I don't believe they pushed a new firmware update to the bridge or mailbox sensor.

02-11-2023 01:14:34

R
I am having the same problem as others described below. About a week ago I stopped receiving notifications from my mailbox sensor. When checking Event History in the app (on either of my two devices that have the Ring App installed) the sensor ONLY shows the “Stopped detecting motion”. It basically shows the Stopped Detecting Motion events as reliably as it always has, but the “Motion Detected” events are not showing. This causes no notification to trigger, because only the “motion detected” will trigger it. So I can see when the door has been open, but only by manually opening the app and checking the main dashboard, where I added the mailbox sensor activity widget underneath the “Disarmed”, Home, and Away buttons, or by going into the event notification.

02-11-2023 04:07:26

U
same issue here it is not isolated it seems. all the signal strengths are fine

03-11-2023 04:29:19

H
Also noticed and observed a new thing...When openning the Ring App the mailbox sensor widget goes from RED off line to No mail.. Never did that before either.

03-11-2023 05:00:09

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User