Mailbox Sensor has no notifications and no Alexa Routines

I just got the Mailbox Sensor and bridge. It’s all setup properly, but I do not get any notifications through Ring when the mailbox sensor senses motion. I also setup an Alexa routine to make an announcement when it detects motion, but this doesn’t work either. When I go into the Event History, it shows when the mailbox sensor detects motion, and i also have my Ring doorbell camera linked to it, and that works fine. But, still no notifications and Alexa rountine does not work. Very frustrating.

Wanted to give an update - it’s all working now. After a chat session with Amazon/Alexa, it stems from the AWS outage last week. Had to disable the Ring Alexa skill, and then reenable it. Seemed to reconnect and fix the issues.

2 Likes

Yes!!! My Mailbox Alexa routine that told me, “Good news, your mail has arrived!” stopped working for almost a year. Disabling and reenabling the Ring skill in the Alexa app solved the problem, and I didn’t even have to scan for all the Ring devices again, as they were not deleted when the skill was disenabled! Happy this works again!