Mailbox Sensor - Don't Purchase

The Mailbox Sensor is a poor first attempt. They need a new generation. Yes the tape can not handle the heat. Also, in a metal mailbox the batteries can not handle the heat. I am in California and not the desert but the box can still generate heat. I use the highest quality Duracell long lasting batteries. But with the heat they only last about 3 months. Then you have to do a complete reset. I actually have over 20 Ring devices and the mailbox is hooked up to my Alexa; overall I would rate this product the worst about a 3 on a 10 point scale. Don’t purchase this until a new generation comes out

1 Like

I agree with those issues you listed up.

Just FYI, for battery life, there’s a lengthy thread Mailbox Sensor short battery life

For the installation, there’s another thread Mailbox Sensor Battery and solar panel to charge it

1 Like

Completely agree, new generation needed. I’m disappointed with mine for following reasons:

• Case closure tabs are on back of front case so you need a special tool to release them due to being attached to mailbox door and difficulty getting under tab to release both sides.
  • When replacing batteries, you have to magically align antenna connector sticking through back plate to the front body before the unit can be closed.
  • No way to support antenna connector when opening case so it will break.
  • Needs to use the same rechargeable battery as the rest of the ring stickup cam and battery doorbells, and spotlight cam with a case that allows for easy battery replacement.