Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

I am having the same problem with my wired stick up camera. I receive a message (and it also says in the app) “critically low battery,” which is odd because it is plugged in and there is NO battery. But the main issue is that Live Feed is disabled due to the fact that the non-existent battery is “critically low.”

Same issues here. Honestly done with ring. They’ve gone pretty downhill after the amazon acquisition. If they can’t fix this with an OTA update we’re all entitled to free batteries. This is clearly a product that isn’t working as advertised at this point in time. These cams were working perfectly until a few months ago. I don’t know what updates the devs pushed but, If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it !

I have the exact problem - just purchased two new wired stickup cameras and both are saying they have critically low batteries after installing them and setting up via the app. I am so disappointed. Please fix this or advise.

See below a message from Ring today. It is very hard to understand why they can’t fix it after so many weeks and they owe a massive apology to customers invested in their other products and badly let down by this one. Message follows:-
Hi, Mark, thank you for contacting us today. Currently, we have no new updates to share regarding this. Rest assured, our team is working very hard to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience while our team works on a resolution.

1 Like

Seems to have stopped working after the last Ring app update on my iPhone 3 days ago.

With this problem, I can’t even mount the cam correctly. I would need live-view to work in order to properly position the view angle. Help!

This is NOT solved. How can we all have low battery warnings on a camera that DOES NOT COME WITH A BATTERY??? Please look at this again. No one got fixed.

1 Like

2 months now. Still not solved. Still no update from Ring. Still no batteries sent out to customers to try as a temporary solution.

Anyone who has switched security services or looked to it have any recomendations? I’ll be working with my credit card to get refunded for new products that do not work as advertised.

Hey …

Suddenly no longer getting the “Critically low battery” message under Devices for the SU Cam plugin. Just correctly reads as “online” now.

Don’t know what changed … Not aware of any forced firmware updates, and the main app is still at version 3.27.0

However, there are still no adjustable motion zones, colorized night vision option, and has crummy audio …

Mine is also not Showing the critically low battery error anymore…

My motion zones seem fine I can adjust them. Videos are recorded in colour day and night. I can’t see that there’s been a firmware change either, But I did have a notification to complete my set up today.

Hi neighbors- we have worked really hard with our team to address and fix this for you. I’m very happy to say, that I just heard from our team that it should now be fixed! You should not need to do anything on your side. Please let me know it is now fixed on your device by kudo’ing this post or commenting on the thread! As always, more than happy to help :slight_smile:

While the low battery icon is gone - it still looks as though the settings for the device are limited to “Battery mode” - I still don’t see Motion Zones - No Color night vision, etc.

@MikeB941 I apologize for any confusion there may have been on this before, but the 3rd Generation Stick Up Cam, whether you have the Plug-In, Solar or the Battery version, are all battery operated devices and therefore will have battery-device powered motion settings. This is because the device itself is our 3rd Generation Stick Up Camera, with these different power options. You can learn more about these battery-device motion settings in our Help Center Article here. You will only see the powered device motion settings and other features exclusive to those type of devices if you were to have the Stick Up Cam Elite, or an older generation Stick Up Cam Wired version.

1 Like

hello neighbours
Unfortunately I’m finding this latest response from Chelsea difficult to understand.
Meanwhile I’ve had this reply to my support request:

Hi Mark,

You recently contacted Ring Community Support about an issue caused by a critically low battery error preventing you from using live view on your plug-in cam.

We wanted to reach out and notify you that we have released a fix in the app for the live view issue. In order to fix the issue with your app please navigate to the app store and make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app. Once you have verified this please attempt a live view on your plug in cam.

If you installed a battery in the cam as a workaround for this issue, you should be able to remove the battery without causing any issues on your cam. If you are still having issues with live view due to a critically low battery please do the following:

1. Remove any installed battery and make sure your cam turns on using only the power cord.
  2. Attempt a live view once your plug in cam is back online.
  3. (optional) If you would like to keep the battery inserted in your device please reinsert your fully charged battery now.

If you require any additional assistance or if you were unable to resolve the issue using the steps above please feel free to reach out to Ring Community Support for assistance!
Nate
CS Trending Agent

​I can’t tell you if this works because I’ve returned mine but I wish you all good luck

1 Like

Hi @MarkFL ! The error of the Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam has been resolved. @Chelsea_Ring was explaining the other neighbor that the motion settings they see on their app are the correct settings for their device.

Hello @Jennifer_Ring

Nothing has been solved !! My Wired Stick Up Cam is still showing a low-battery-sign !!! There is no battery in that camera ! So what has been solved?

Hey @MICKY-SHEERAN. I’m sorry to hear you are still having this concern, and I can help with you further to see if we can get this up and running. Please note that our team has closed this concern at this time, so we may need to do some troubleshooting to get your app and device to update accordingly.

If you could, please ensure the camera is fully plugged in with the power cord. You can ensure this by unplugging it and replugging the cord back into the device, ensuring it is fully connected. Please attempt to load a Live View once your device is showing as online in the app after plugging it in. This will trigger an event on your camera, and after being in the Live View, please check the Device Health screen to ensure it reading properly now.

In the event the Live View may not load for you, or it still shows it having a low battery, please reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, and then re-set up the device back under the Device Health section of the Ring app. After the reset and in this section, tap on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network, and then proceed through the steps to get it connected again. Please let me know if you continue to have this concern, or what you were able to do to get it functioning again. Hope to hear back from you soon, neighbor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Chelsea

I’m running this app on 4 different devices?? My android, my wifes android and 2 tablets…will I have to do all settings again?? It took me ages to connect that camera including all the settings with doorbell-cam, floodlight-cam and more??

By the way, I’m living in Germany. It’s midnight here now ! I can’t do this just right now, because I need to get up the ladder under the roof !

By the way: The camera itself is working ! I am getting a live-view ! Only problem is my app showing a weak battery which still doesn’t exist in my wired cam ! So it seems to be an app-problem ! The empty battery isn’t the only issue on that app !! I cannot change my credit-card-details, which have changed 3 months ago. So payment for the protect-plus-plan in August will not work with my old card-details ! Also I’m having a permanent “News” -red dot in the left top-corner!! It’s showing me the new function “Modi” !!! which I’ve already set to my devices about 2 months ago…It shows up, that “Modi” is set, but the red-news-dot doesn’t vanish !!!

Some screenshots…

@MICKY-SHEERAN Thanks for getting back to me! The steps that I have given you to try are to only be done from the owner’s Ring account and app, and therefore you should not have to worry about it affecting your other Ring devices and mobile devices with the app. Please let me know how this goes tomorrow, but you may find it easier to follow up with our German support team during the times you are most available! That support team is available by phone from 6AM - 5PM CET, Monday - Sunday and by email, available at hilfe@ring.com. Let me know how everything goes, and if you end up having to follow up with our German support team.

As a side note, in regards to the New Feature indicator not leaving, we did have this concern on Android devices back in March, but was later resolved by our teams in the midst of May. Have you ensured you have the most up to date Ring app? I assume you have, but want to make sure, as I can have this re-looked at by my team! I’m happy to follow up with them, and let you know what I hear back from them. In the meanwhile, could you try “viewing” the New Feature again, ensuring you click through all the screens so you can get back to your New Features section. Let me know if going through the feature again helps dismiss the indicator for you! I’ll let you know what I hear from my teams as soon as I have the information. :slight_smile:

1 Like