Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

Hello Chelsea

Thanks for your help up to now. I went into the settings again of the new features and changed the settings in the “new modi” back to normal, then I went out and the indicator has gone. Then I went back into the “new Modi” settings and set them up again for my use and the indicator is really gone! So that problem has been solved.

The battery-problen is still ther however. It still shows me a low battery of 0%, but the camera is still running and reacting and does everything it should.

I still can’t change my credit-card-details to my new credit-card for payment though.

By the way, I contacted the German helpline and they got back to me after passing my problems on. I got an answer-mail after a couple of days. This was sent from the main-support-site in english, which brought me here :wink: but the answer in the mail didn’t help me and a lot of people have posted the same mail here with the same issue…

The mail said:

Hi Michael,

You recently contacted Ring Community Support about an issue caused by a critically low battery error preventing you from using live view on your plug-in cam.

We wanted to reach out and notify you that we have released a fix in the app for the live view issue. In order to fix the issue with your app please navigate to the app store and make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app. Once you have verified this please attempt a live view on your plug in cam.

If you installed a battery in the cam as a workaround for this issue, you should be able to remove the battery without causing any issues on your cam. If you are still having issues with live view due to a critically low battery please do the following:

1. Remove any installed battery and make sure your cam turns on using only the power cord.
  2. Attempt a live view once your plug in cam is back online.
  3. (optional) If you would like to keep the battery inserted in your device please reinsert your fully charged battery now.

If you require any additional assistance or if you were unable to resolve the issue using the steps above please feel free to reach out to Ring Community Support for assistance!
Nate
CS Trending Agent

Hello Chelsea

Credit-card-details are fixed as well now. Never the less it still didn’t work via my account-settings on the app. I could not change the credit-card details within the Ring-App! But it finally worked on my pc going into my account via browser…so that is still an issue in the app!

1 Like

@MICKY-SHEERAN Thank you for updating me on this! I appreciate your response greatly and I’m glad things are working as they should. I apologize for any confusion I may have had on your credit card updating concern previously, as I was unsure if it was through the Ring app that you were trying to update it, or if it was through Ring.com on a mobile browser. Rest assured, whenever you need to update the information, please always do so from the website, as the Ring app doesn’t allow for updating payment information at this time. Glad everything is working for you now, neighbor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Resolution for me: after calling ring and determining the camera needed replacement (which I fully expected not to work because this issue seemed like a design level problem) I received and installed the replacement and it works fine now. So my theory now is that there is a manufacturing defect with some % of these cameras, and rather than recall them, Ring is replacing them as they get complaints. Painful. But I’m glad the replacement worked.

You’re lucky! I got the camera yesterday. Charged the battery, and it already shows low battery! ?

If your new stick up cam was from old stock there should be a software update pushed to it which should remedy the issue… just guessing here but it worked for me and many others. After weeks and weeks of that issue, it has been fine since. Best of luck to you!

Hi Chelsea,
I recently purchased multiple ring cameras but am experiencing the same issue with a wired stick up camera that the others have had in these posts.

It was working fine for the first two days and no shows critically low battery without having a battery inserted. In device settings it shows as wired but in device health shows as being powered by battery. I have followed the instructions you posted as well as reinstalling multiple times hoping that an update will rectify but I cannot get it to work.

Would you be so kind in helping get this resolved

Hello,

Namaste!

I am an engineer. The solution stated above is not a solution; but a promise that Ring is working to solve the issue. The issue is design problem; so I believe Rign would need to give customers a better designed cam.

My wired stick up cam stopped working after 15 days of its life since a few days. Today I checked that the cam does get 5.1V DC. So, the issue is with the cam. When I reconnected to power cable to the cam, it began working. Probably because:

1. it reset itself, or

2. the temperaure at this time is not hot.

To solve both these problems, Ring needs to make a rugged design of the cam.

Additionally, the power cable design is troublesome in that it requires to drill larger than necessary hole in the wall for the cable. Best customer requirement is that the adaptor (110V AC input, and 5V DC, 250 mA output) should be a commercial adaptor, not a part of the Cam package. The cable design should be such that the wall hole diameter should not be bigger than half an inch.

Customers may find another company’s cam that is better than the Ring cam.

If Ring does not provide personal video storage system (and associated s/w), then others would do so. So, I recommed Ring to provide such a system; then the customer is independent.

I am still under 30-daay trial.

If the cam fails after 30 days, will Ring replace it?

If no, it will be a $100 waste.

jaya sri krishna!

Hi @shbrown123. Thank you for your input. I’d recommend putting these suggestions in our Feature Request Board. This is where your ideas are put in front of the teams that could make this happen! Our warranty information can be found here. If you have anymore concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Brand new wired camera, just downloaded the app and showing the same problem. Camera worked for 5 minutes. Very frustrating as I see this has been an ongoing issue. Two more cameras on the way, returning all three

I had the same Lo battery problem with a hardwired cam. I switched it back to battery mode but left it hardwired and it solved the problem.

I have this issue, and unable to resolve it. I called customer support said it was a known issue, and that there is nothing they can do. I pay for the Protect plan aren’t they obligating to exchange the camera for a new unit?

Just purchased a Ring Wired Stick Up Cam.

Experiencing this exact issue. Live Cam mode unavailable because of low battery. It’s plugged in and apparently still operating as it detects motion when that feature is enabled.

Completely baffling this issue is near 9 months old yet there’s no resolution. Considering returning the product tomorrow and buying a competitor.

This is unacceptable.

I was receiving the same warning, but I haven’t in a few months now.

In the ‘Device Health’ confirm Power Source = ‘Electric Socket’ and your firmware is up to date.

My power source says “Battery” but the firmware is up to date.

I installed. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Problem still persists.

The fact this problem still exists after 9 months is telling. I’m returning this product today.

They are NOT working properly. We cannot view live view. This is ridiculous

1 Like

Hi @TiffanyC4! Are you receiving a low battery notice on your Stick Up Cam? If so, please charge the battery if this is your primary method of powering. If the plug-in adapter does not seem to be providing power, try another outlet in the home. Once your Camera has sufficient power, the next best step is to check your wifi connection, to ensure that live view can work. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step as well. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I started having this issue for the past 2 days. I have a battery stick up cam that is Powered using solar panel which stopped showing that it’s getting power from solar panel. Now i bought the plug in stick up cam and that says it’s battery powered under device health. Because of this snapshot feature just tuned off. Live view is not always working. Motion detection is crappy. Wondering if i should return all these cameras and switch to nest. Really disappointed as called customer support twice with no help.

My camera is a plug in camera and it is getting power from the plug. This is an issue with the product. I researched and people have been having this issue for over 2 years with this camera and that is unacceptable. I fixed my issue by spending more money to buy a battery to stick in there. I didn’t even charge it. It just wanted a battery in it. It is still running on plug in power and I have never charged the battery. Please start providing a battery in the wired cameras since obviously it wants one in there to operate. I spent the extra money on the plug in camera only to have to buy a battery anyway. It works fine now, no thanks to anything customer service did.

1 Like

Hi!! I got sick of dealing with customer service and I decided to purchase a battery and see if that helped. I didn’t even charge the battery, I just stuck it in the camera and it started working! It sucks spending another $30, but it worked.

1 Like