Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

Yes me too just noticed today on my wired cam says low battery how odd I await further thoughts

Yep. …

Just a modest Ring Video Doorbell 2, one gen. 3 SU Cam plugin, and a 1 gen. Ring Chime installed here. But still don’t want to just trash everything and go with another product.

But I sure wish for once everything just worked right with all my Ring stuff, as it seems their is always several issues like this going on with it.

Just like in addition to this big one here, another very annoying problem I have is that all doorbell and motion detection audio and visual notifications inexplicably stop coming through on my Smartphones after only a few hours.

If there’s an app update or I reboot the phones the notifications temporarily return. But again will stop after about 2-3 hours.

Very frustrating and irritating …

I have the same problem with my Stick up cam PLUG IN!!! The camera is PLUGGED IN!!! and it still says Critical battery. Motion does not work, live view only does when it wants too.

I called Ring Support and they are USELESS!!!

I have SEVERAL ring products and this one is a PIECE OF CRAP!!

Support said they are sending my query to the advanced team, but this is a common problem it seems and they don’t have a fix other than to spend $30 on a stupid battery to put in it when i bought the PLUG IN version!!!

GRRRRR I am so mad I can spit fire!!

I am about to dump all ring products and switch to one that works correctly

Hi
One of my battery stick up cams seems to have a problem with battery power levels. Live view is disabled because it believes the level is critically low even with a fully charged battery. I’ve tried removing the device and reinstalling it but it still shows the same problem. Is there a way to factory reset this so I’m setting it up from new?
TIA

New version of Ring Android App out today in the UK appears to have resolved the issue.

I have updated the App today on IOS device, I’m in the UK. Still same issues, still says critically low battery, still zero functionality

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I just noticed it in the last few days. What the heck? It is plugged in. It has no battery in it. Yet, it says “battery is critically low”??? Seriously??? Who is doing Ring’s software programming? And today, I can’t even get the camera back online…meaning I cannot view it. It just says “Activating Device” when I try to do a live view.

Update…

Ring sent me 1 battery (even though I requested two because I have two cams). Charged it yesterday, installed today, and it did not fix the problem. The cam still says critically low battery and it does not function correctly even though a fully charged battery has been inserted.

Note that the battery is charged by USB. The cam does not charge it. That means cams in hard to reach areas will require you to remove the battery reguarly to charge it.

Come on Ring. This is like class action level bad.

HoTatII,

You are right, I forced my app to update and the error went away. Yhanks for getting the message out. I have three of these cameras and that helps out a lot by getting that error out of the picture.

Made no difference to me iOS latest update ?

A few days ago I tried to set up this indoor/outdoor camera and I’m experiencing the same problem. I got the wired package and no battery but it is saying “critically low” battery and hence I can’t use the camera through devices. However, the connectivity is poor (even though it is near our router) and when going to live view through the dashboard, activating the device takes a long time.

Through the devices portal, I can look at recordings from the live stream through the dashboard. But no other functionality is available through the “devices” portal.

I just installed the Android update from today 5/27 and it seems to have fixed this issue.

No it didn’t, just got rid of the empty battery icon over the camera thumbnail on the Dashboard. Under Devices, still shows Critically Low Battery and motion detection still doesn’t work.

Do you have the number to technical support?

+1-800-656-1918
Just follow the IVR prompts for tech. support. …

But don’t expect any help from them on this issue. …

As many there are totally clueless about it. And the others that do know of it have no solutions.

This seems to be a glitch in their new software update, which now forces you to buy a battery. This needs to be fixed or i will be returning my cameras. This smells like a con for more revenue

1 Like

Just installed a plug in stick up cam and we have this issue. It shows the battery is low… There is no battery. Seems to be preventing some features from working. Is there a fix for t his yet?

Dear Ring, we have received our plug in camera in the mail today. We set it up, it worked fine. Then we DRILLED a hole in our house to feed the power to the camera, and we put it up.

Then the thing tells us its battery it critically low and goes off-line.

I find this community place, with many many irate neighbours experiencing the same problem, and the very VERY vexing green thingy that smugly says

“Solved!” That made it worse.
I was happy at first, I thought I would find a solution, but we apparently have different ideas about solutions. Taking the thing down again and putting a battery in is a work-around of the poorest kind. Fix it would you?!

1 Like

I have yet to see any indication whatsoever that Ring monitors, sees or cares about the posts on this forum.

Got my new stick up camera today. Exactly the same issue, critically low battery… peed off is an understatement