General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U
User Solution
Locked out of my Ring devices- Email adress transferred into one that I do not have access to
app-settings
account-settings
cs-support

Currently I have 5 ring devices in my house- A doorbell, a cam, a ring base station (with a motion and door sensor.), but I have no access to any of those.

This is because I initially set up my ring devices on my own personal Email, however I then tried to transfer this to the family Email, which for some reasons, I either entered the wrong Email (A strangers) or there is a problem with Ring.

I received a Email on my personal Email saying that my ring system will be transferred to the Email that I entered- which I do not have access to.

Also this all happened about a month or two ago- I didn’t have the time to sort it out.
Right now, I can log in to my personal Email’s Ring account, but no devices are appearing.
When I try to set up a device it tells me to transfer ownership, which is not possible since I do not have access to the Email that I apparently transferred my whole system to.

Summery: I transferred my system to an Email I do not have access to, or does not exist. Now all my Ring devices are inaccessible for me.

Please help. :slightly_frowning_face:
Cheers

I might or might not be able to provide info to authenticate myself, but I will and can try to.

22-05-2024 09:43:49

Responses (1)

C
User Solution

Hi @user82545. For this situation, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team, as we do not have access to any account information here on the Community. Support should be able to assist with getting your Ring devices associated with the correct email address. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

24-05-2024 02:51:47

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions