Local storage

Please add RTSP stream, It can be activated only if you bought a plan. A lot of people need this to store video also local and, even better, integrate to their smart home systems.

you know, I’d like to have a complete security system under the umbrella (ring) including cameras with local storage, this is where Ring fails big! Their competition such as Blink (owned by Amazon) has 5 pack outdoor cameras with local storage for $380 compared with Ring where you can get a 2 pack outdoor cameras, no local storage for like $200 to $320 depending on the camera and you have to pay for cloud storage. Clearly by the years of customers asking for local storage they are just not going to do it because its part of their lame business model to generate monthly fees. I’m sure there are some people who prefer paid monitoring and don’t mind the monthly fees, I’m just not one of those people. I’m going with Blink, Arlo, anything other than these over-priced cameras. they just lost more money, smart business plan!

you know, I’d like to have a complete security system under the umbrella (ring) including cameras with local storage, this is where Ring fails big! Their competition such as Blink (owned by Amazon) has 5 pack outdoor cameras with local storage for $380 compared with Ring where you can get a 2 pack outdoor cameras, no local storage for like $200 to $320 depending on the camera and you have to pay for cloud storage. Clearly by the years of customers asking for local storage they are just not going to do it because its part of their lame business model to generate monthly fees. I’m sure there are some people who prefer paid monitoring and don’t mind the monthly fees, I’m just not one of those people. I’m going with Blink, Arlo, anything other than these over-priced cameras. they just lost more money, smart business plan!

I have replaced all my nest cameras with open wifi cameras and canceled the subscription because of no rtsp option, ring is next on the list (yes i had both), get with it, open it up to those of us who pay already or lose us too.

I would love this feature as we are in a rural area with wireless internet service that does go down on occasion. This could allow all Ring notifications to be preserved when the network is down. Once the network is back up, send it all to the server for retrieval.

Will Ring buy these paperweights back? I am swapping all mine out next month. RTSP is my main reason but harder to hang on when I get emails daily for services being down and now it appears you are only allowed 30 seconds of viewing your camera live before it closes and on the third or fourth try it will just say the camera is unavailable. Sorry Ring but I should at a minimum be able to watch more than 30 seconds at a time of video coming from MY CAMERA on MY NETWORK and most of all access it MY WAY.

Currently there is no support for a local RTSP connection to the ring cameras. Everything has to go to Amazon and the APIs are not supported. It would be nice to be able to keep everything local so I can do real time object recognition locally with my computer. This would be a really easy change to the firmware, and would be really nice for advanced users. (Personally I would buy another 2-3 cameras if it was supported)

RTSP and ONVIF functionality on your cameras, please !!!

1 Like