Live view uploads .black. Video clips

Hi all,

I’ve just installed my new Door View Cam. All seems to be working fine e.g notifications, system health, Wi-fi connectivity, except that Live View is selected it just says ‘Activating’ in the app for the whole 30 second clip, and ‘black’ video clips are uploaded to my Ring account.

What could be wrong?

Hi @MrFixitAll. For black video concerns like this, I’d suggest checking out our Help Center Article here. It will contain various different troubleshooting steps for this particular concern that can help you isolate and resolve it. If the steps listed there do not work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look at this for you and help you resolve the video and Live View errors. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks Caitlyn, I had a look at the links, but that didn’t solve my problem.

In the end - as my network is somewhat complex, with a UTM firewall that I believe needed SIP configuring - I opted to simply connect my Ring DVC to my alternative, more ‘open’, wireless router (a BT Smart Hub, which sits in front of my UTM). Whilst this provides a lower RSSI, the Live View feature now works as expected.

1 Like