Live View For Multiple Devices At Once

Well, I really WAS going to ditch Arlo for Ring but this not being an option is absolutely ludicrous. Looks like I’ll be switching to Simplisafe now, since they also offer this option.

1 Like

Let’s go Ring… This is a basic and essential feature. I was about to “upgrade” all of my cameras in and around my house however that will be on hold until this feature is implemented.

1 Like

Any news on this issue? I call it an issue since this is basic functionality for even the cheapest Chinese crap and Ring still does not support it…

1 Like

Agree I plan on installing more cameras and want to watch all live feeds from my tv(70inch)

1 Like

I have 12 cameras and over $2k and I’m disappointed I can’t see all my cameras in live view. I’m considering returning these and moving to Arlo or Simply. It would be a pain in the butt, but worth it to get what I want. Do we have an ETA in this option?

Floyd

1 Like

Can you please tell us all if you have even started working on the multi camera viewing right now ?? and if you have a ETA for installation, Its just plain stupid to think that this is not a important feature and at lease give a ETA or tell us NO.

1 Like

How many more votes do we need in order to get this feature. Where at ring are we able to see their roadmap and what is being worked on? This is clearly a very much needed feature.

1 Like

This is another much needed, basic feature that should be intergrated within the Ring ecosystem that will not be implemented due to the fact that Ring does not want clients live streaming multiple cameras 24/7 due to cloud storage limitations/bandwidth.

Feature Suggestion:

Change the subscription model into different tiers. Create a high-end tier charging $xxx/year to increase cloud storage capacity/bandwidth that allows multiple camera, unlimited 24/7 Live View/recording without the 10 minute live view timeout. Implement the feature/option for Ring Desktop App Live View to record/save the live view session locally instead of to the cloud.

The more I keep researching Ring the more I am realizing the Ring ecosystem has geared itself for the basic grandma grandpa, mom and pop, false sense of security type of consumers. It is obvious the Ring is not gearing itself towards the actually consumers that want a full fledge, multi camera security platform.

Between the 10min limit on the desktop Live View timeout and the huge blunder of no Live View for multiple cameras I am starting to see who the Ring ecosystem is catering towards.

Not to mention other issues that I have like there not being visible time, date and current bandwidth when viewing live view.

HOWEVER, without eliminating the 10 minute timeout when viewing live view this feature of viewing multiple cameras on desktop live view is a useless as the Ring ecosystem as an actual full fledged security system.

The main issue here is not just Rings inabilty to listen to the loyal consumer, the real issue is us the consumer buying into a closed source system thinking we have any control over our personal security.

I bought into the idea of seemless intergration with Alexa, Ring and Lutron but a DIY IP Installation is the best solution for many of us.

**My 2k+ Prime Day purchase might be headed back to Amazon. **

2 Likes

Ring, please let us know the roadmap for this much needed feature.

It is Number 1 on the Feature Request List , that has to tell you something.

Thank You

Absolutely. Ring needs to respond we need this feature. It took me forever to find this thread. Would we call this a CCTV setup? Cause when I look up anything about CCTV ring and I just find a bunch of unhelpful ring tutorials

1 Like

If Ring had Live View for multiple cameras, I would add more cameras outside and inside.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like Ring people read this thread. The great ideas LONG time comin’, if ever. I’ve got 10 cameras, some in, some out. If these suggestions don’t take hold soon, it will have to be goodbye. I dumped 8 Panasonics to get here, and I can do the same with Ring, both here and publicly.

1 Like

Ring, please let us know the roadmap for this much needed feature.

It has been Number 1 on the Feature Request List for several months, that has to tell you something.

Thank You

I’ll buy ring security cameras when this is completed.

1 Like

What would make Ring Cameras the Ultimate choice for home and businees security is if you could monitor mutiple cameras live in one screen view without any second delays. I realize this could be a battery drain for Ring camers that operate on batteries so perhaps those could be configured to remain on apre-selected user delay while power cameras could all be view live in a mutiple camera view.

1 Like

This is such a good idea… I need this in my life, it’s already a great security product but this would put the icing on the cake and bring it in line with other common CCTV providers.

Make it happen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

any update on this? PLEASE…

1 Like

I also would very much like a multi-view of the cameras. Both i live and playback modes. I want to be able to follow the action as the people I am monitoring move around the house.

1 Like

I would love to say alexa show me home and shows me all the cameras live and have it show on the alexa echo show or create your own similar product. while still be able to see individual cameras as it is now. if the cloud storage is an issue sell a dvr and id buy it. And i have multi gig internet so that shouldnt be an issue. Id still keep my subscription to access the footage and all its other features. Plus maybe have a local dvr would fix some othe recording latency and missing footage. Plus i hate having to wait when switching from camera to camera and it take a minute for it to go live.

1 Like

Main reason consumers are returning your product. No Multi-view funtion . How do you expect us to keep this product wihtout it ?

1 Like