Listener and alarm

Greetings to all. I am considering purchasing components to build a Ring system for my home which currently has a wired (analag) alarm system and is professionally monitored. At the moment, I am considering using the Retrofit kit to migrate some of my contact sensors to the Ring. I have had some reservations, howver, for two reasons: 1) the Retrofit is limited to only open/closed circuit, non-powered sensors, 2) the expense of this component. My question is: Can a listener, intended to monitor a smoke/CO detector, respond to the audible siren on my wired system if placed next to it, as you would for the smoke/CO detector? And if I were to have the Ring System monitored (e.g. paid subscription), could I configure in the App which listener was smoke/CO detector, and which was an intruder alarm? Thanks.

Hi @RingOKC. The only listener that works with the Ring Alarm system is the Smoke & CO Listener that we have on our website, which is designed only to listen for smoke and CO alarm tones. Any third party listener cannot be set up with the Ring Alarm system, as it is not compatible. You can review which devices work with Ring on our Help Center Article here. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring wrote:

Hi @RingOKC. The only listener that works with the Ring Alarm system is the Smoke & CO Listener that we have on our website, which is designed only to listen for smoke and CO alarm tones. Any third party listener cannot be set up with the Ring Alarm system, as it is not compatible. You can review which devices work with Ring on our Help Center Article here. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Cailyn. As a follow up, will Ring develop a listener for a siren alarm?

@RingOKC I don’t have any news to share on a listener device of that type, but feel free to add this suggestion and any future feature requests to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: