Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
N
Linked Devices and Light Grouping/Scheduling for Z-Wave Works With Ring light switches
works-with-ring
device-settings
alarm
app-request
I purchased a GE Switch with the intent of scheduling my porch lights for night only. Turns out that isn't a thing with Ring. It should be. Why include switches and not a feature to schedule them. Also, have a dusk to dawn feature that automatically adjusts to local dusk to dawn times across seasons. Thanks.

28-03-2020 05:53:16

Responses (33)

B
I am disappointed to find that "works with Ring" switches and the like can not be triggered by the Ring motion detectors or grouped with cameras. This would be a powerful addition to allow things such as turning on porch lights or other existing indoor/outdoor lighting. Scheduling and motion detection with camera groups seems like a no-brainer as it would just be a software upgrade. I have heard that Ring does not like to let non-Ring devices control Ring security cameras and such. That makes sense I suppose, so make your own switches then please. Not sure why this Community keep saying "Correct highlighted errors ..."

01-09-2020 01:49:16

G
Absolutely a MUST have.....it is ridiculous to call Ring a security system and not be able to schedule lighting as a deterrent! This seems like it would be very simple since they already have scheduling for the lights on the cameras......People have been BEGGING for this for years.......Come on RING, do something useful......

20-09-2020 04:30:20

G

I use my Ring Alarm as the Z-Wave controller for my smart home using Z-Wave devices that are certified “Made for Ring”, e.g. the GE In-Wall Paddle Switch that is sold by Ring at https://ring.com/products/ge-paddle-switch-14291.

When my Ring Alarm detects an intruder, I wish for it to automatically turn on the lights in my house. Ring currently enables linking devices to the base station using the “Linked Devices” option, which can be used to automatically turn on lights during an intrusion; however, it does not support third-party Z-Wave switches, even if they are certified by Ring as “Made for Ring”. I’m specially using the GE paddle switch referenced above and have it setup as a light switch, but it can not be added as a Linked Device.

Please enable linking “Made for Ring” Z-Wave switches, lights, and devices to Ring Alarm using the “Linked Devices” feature, so the alarm can automatically control those devices when an intruder is detected. Thank you.

11-11-2020 05:48:13

G

I would like to have my Ring doorbell be able to turn on lights via a switch

1. Front doorbell turn on the front porch lights and walkway floodlights

2. Rear doorbell turn on rear lights

when motion is detected or someone rings the door. Otherwise the only use of the z-wave bridge is be able to manually toggle the lights, which is available now, but low on the list of features.

12-11-2020 02:59:26

G

Would also like the motion sensor that comes with the alarm also be able to control the light switchs.

I would like to be able to use the zwave bridge as a smart home hub, you are 90% there with the app already

12-11-2020 03:04:46

D

I added an outdoor GE outlet with works-with-ring, but it doesn’t let me add it to a lighting group in the android app. I have to navigate to the alarm then click the outlet then turn it on/off, which is inconvenient

07-12-2020 08:04:27

F

Currently, adding a GE Zwave switch shows up under Dashboard → Alarm shortcut → Lights. It would be nice to have them under Dashboard → Lights shortcut, that way they could be added to a light group. A direct icon for each light on the dashboard would be a good alternative.

17-12-2020 09:03:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User