I installed a Ring Bridge and transformer for landscape lighting in February of this year.
Just replaced the batteries in the motion detector for the second time. This seems excessive to me, and there is really no excuse not to be notified that a device has a dead battery. I can’t depend on offline notifications because the sensor reports offline every sunny day when the sun hits it in the morning.
Sensor is right outside the window where the bridge is mounted, so no signal issues.
I’ve only had to replace one battery in a heavily used contact sensor in a year and a half, but this thing is eating batteries.
Is this normal? It is not a heavily travelled area, and unexpected light activations are very rare.
I’d also suggest you grow up and fix your filter so us grown ups can say a sensor is hard o-n batteries. This isn’t Catholic school!