Lighting Motion Sensor Hard using Batteries

I installed a Ring Bridge and transformer for landscape lighting in February of this year.

Just replaced the batteries in the motion detector for the second time. This seems excessive to me, and there is really no excuse not to be notified that a device has a dead battery. I can’t depend on offline notifications because the sensor reports offline every sunny day when the sun hits it in the morning.

Sensor is right outside the window where the bridge is mounted, so no signal issues.

I’ve only had to replace one battery in a heavily used contact sensor in a year and a half, but this thing is eating batteries.

Is this normal? It is not a heavily travelled area, and unexpected light activations are very rare.

I’d also suggest you grow up and fix your filter so us grown ups can say a sensor is hard o-n batteries. This isn’t Catholic school!

Hi @Jkwilson. Here are some tips and tricks on increasing your battery life for your Smart Light devices. If you’ve tried these steps to no avail. please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.