Light Switch

Is there an option for scheduling or dusk to dawn for the light switch, (Leviton Decora Smart In-Wall Switch)?

Hi @connect. We do not have the option for our neighbors to schedule the lights at this time as the functionality with the Ring Alarm is limited to what you can already do in the app. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Hi Chelsea_Ring,

I found the answer by accident. I added the light switch via Ring app, and all that I could do is turn on and off the switch on the Ring app. To my amazement, the switch was on my Alexa app, so I created a routine for dusk to dawn, and it’s been working great. To learn how to create routines, visit Amazon help section by clicking here

Thanks,

Pat

2 Likes

I can’t believe this is still not available to be controlled.

simple request

DISARM - > Turn on Lights
AWAY → Turn off Lights in XX Seconds
HOME → Do nothing

1 Like

I’ve wanted this feature and would buy light switches for my entire house if it was available (along with scheduling from the app).

You would think with Ring being so “innovative” in building all these new features that no one needs, they would at least add these simple yet incredibly useful updates.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for sharing your feedback on this. Other neighbors have requested the ability to set schedules for their Works With Ring Z-Wave light switches. You can find the associated feature request below.

The Feature Request board is the best way for us to gather and share your feedback with our teams. As other neighbors have mentioned in this thread and in the feature request, you can use the Alexa app to create a routine for your light switches. You can find steps on how to make routines in the Amazon help section here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have installed Leviton DZ15S Decora Smart Switch with Z-Wave Technology and in the ring alarm base station in the lights section i only see on/off option and i dont see any way to schedule the lights.

I saw some one mentioned that it works with Alexa app but the link shared doesn’t work. Can i get the steps on how we can schedule the Zwave lights in a routine on Alex app.

I am extremely dissapointed that ring cannot provide this basic functionality of scheduling in the ring app and then what is the point of saying that you support for Zwave devices in the website and i ended up installing many devices reading this post from the website.

I k is you still can’t schedule works with ring light switched. I have every lamp in my house in them and I really wish the functionality was there. I have outdoor ring floodlights and landscape lighting transformers and it’s so easy. I thought they would have this by now. I believe having lights come on in some rooms when you are gone are a useful security feature that I am missing. I want everythin to be in the ring app. I don’t want Alexa or a Levitron app.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.