light group not working properly

I just installed 8 ring solar path lights. I have them all set up in the same group, but when light 1 detects motion lights 6,7, and 8 come on, and when light 2 detects motion 3,4, and 5 come on. They all come on together with the schedule I have set, its just the motion issue. Anyone have any ideas??

Hey @lfpd42. How do you have the devices set up in the group in the app? Could you take a screenshot of how the Light Group’s Motion Settings are, as this may help pinpoint this?

They are set to all go on together

@lfpd42 Thank you for confirming this! Since you have it set up properly, we may need to have someone from our support team take a look into this further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what the resolution is, as your response may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: