Level lock intermittently offline

The Level Lock and the Ring video doorbell pro (with serial number containing “15N”, so it is supported) came with a new home and was installed last week, both with the latest firmware. The level lock in the ring app becomes intermittently offline and comes back online and goes offline again several times during the day. Everything else works non-stop (Video doorbell pro, ring security, tv etc) It is a direct fiber internet conection with excellent wifi 6 coverage. Level lock normally works locally over BLE, I can use the Level App and lock/unlock the door all the time whenever I am in the house and within range. The integration between ring video door bell, amazon sidewalk and level lock is fine. I contacted level lock support and they said it was fine on their end I should contact ring support. Ring chat support in unable to help with this. Whenever the lock is offline, the video door bell pro continues to work normally. Other smart devices such flor by moen water device work normally. Whenever I am out, if the lock is online I can lock/unlock it from the ring app, meaning ring/sidewalk integration is OK.

Sorry to hear about this, @memin1857! It looks like you’ve done everything properly here to get this setup and operating as intended. I appreciate your attention to detail, and confirming that you’ve checked compatibility and firmware.

You’ll see this and more listed out in our help center article about the Level Lock. As you mentioned seeing the proper serial number, this should be compatible as long as your Ring Video Doorbell Pro does not start with “BHL1” or “BHL2”, as Sidewalk is not compatible with those devices.

When connecting your existing Level Lock to Amazon Sidewalk, remember to verify that your Level app is on version 1.15.5.91 or later, and your Level device firmware is on version 2.23 or later. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

If this does not help to resolve your level lock connection concerns, our support team will be happy to take a more in-depth look at this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the same problem. It intermittently goes offline and then after some time goes back online. My bridge device is Ring Doorbell Pro which is within 2 feet of the door lock and in clear line of site.

I have the exact problem being described and no one at Level Lock or Ring have been able to assist. Has anyone in this thread solved the problem? Everything set up properly, but Level Lock intermittently ofline. Thanks for any feedback.

Hi @d558857c73513f1441c4. If you’ve tried the troubleshooting steps previously recommended in this thread by Marley to no avail, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can take a further look. You can follow up with our support team by giving them a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi Caitlyn. On 3/1/2022, I contacted Ring.com and talked live with Grace who had me re-set the Level Lock by removing the battery and replugging in after 10 seconds. It worked immediately after this, but as I told Grace, I cannot do that when I am 1000 miles away to get this thing working when it intermittently goes “offline”… which it still does from time to time. It is hit or miss and since 3/1, I have watched it go offline multiple times for some period of time on the dashboard, then it comes back online. I am afraid to use it as if I unlock it and it goes off line, I have no way to re-lock until it comes back online. Has no one there experienced this problem and written up a solution?

@d558857c73513f1441c4 Since every neighbor’s home and experience is different, there is often not a single solution for connectivity concerns like what you’re experiencing with your Level Lock. You may need to follow up with support again when you are at the location, and the Level Lock is reporting as offline. This way, our support team can walk through all applicable troubleshooting steps with you and narrow down what the root cause of the concern is in order to find a solution.

Let me chime in as yet another Level/Ring user that is experiencing intermittent disconnections. I don’t know if these are software problems (in which case Ring and/or Level should be pushing out firmware updates to address) or hardware problems (in which case there’s a bit of false marketing going on in terms of selling interconnectivity that is simply impossible to make work reliably). But there’s enough evidence that this is widespread among people following installation instructions to the letter to make pretty clear that the problem is not on the users’ side. Ring/Level please get you acts together and fix this (or start issuing refunds to people who paid for fundamentally incompatible hardware)!!!

1 Like

I’m having same issue my Level lock goes offline every now and then and self recovers, it is indeed a widespread issue but apparently Ring is not having any solution or even acknowledgment of the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.