Last Health Check was…. 1969?

Ring Doorbell Pro working fine until a recent power outage and now the last check is permanently stuck in the year 1969, 12/31/1969 to be exact. Any way to correct this obvious error? Rebooting didn’t do anything. Doorbell is functioning fine aside from this.

1 Like

Same here. It seems they’ve broke a lot in the last couple weeks. I can’t switch to wired mode anymore. The motion zone setting have been narrowed and the global snooze isn’t working properly. This used to be a pretty stable app but it’s terrible lately.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This concern will be fixed with a Ring app update. Rest assured, this is just a visual bug and will have no impact on your Ring device’s performance. Thanks again, neighbors.

1 Like

Hi, I’m in the UK and all my devices showing last health check as 01/01/1970, 01:00.

I have the same issue

It doesn’t look like there’s ever been a real firmware update for the ring car cam, but there has been an issue from the latest ring application update at least on my iPhone. Ever since the latest update, the last health check always says 12/31/69 at 7 PM. No matter what I do it never changes that date and time now. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

1 Like

Anyone noticed ye devices coming with strange date on health check?

Been like this on all our devices for few weeks. How to fix it? Thanks

1 Like

Hi neighbors, thanks for your continued feedback. This visual bug will be fixed in a future app update. In the meantime, there will be no impact on the performance of your Doorbell or Camera.

My guess is the bug is setting all Device Check Dates to 1/1/70 12:00a GMT. That would account for 12/31/69 7p US EDT. And 1/1/70 1:00a UK. Maybe??

1 Like

Is there any timeframe for Resolution?
Importantly, is the system still doing device checks based on regular process/rules/intervals.

OR

Are all device checks suspended untill this bug is resolved??

2 Likes

I have a Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) and the app is showing that the Last Health Check was 01/01/1970, 01:00. This seems to be affecting the workings of the both the “Dashboard” view and “Live View” - Neither update when viewed. The signal strength has gone from RSSI-51 to RSSI-73.

I have tried the following

1. Rebooting the device.
  2. Changing the WiFi network
  3. Removing and reinstalling the App
  4. Changing the Alert tone of the Bell.

I have a Spotlight Cam about 3 feet from the bell and this has a Signal Strength of RSSI-55.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Same here in Japan. Wonder when is the next app update… it’s already been a week…

1 Like

12/05/1969 is what Mine shows. I am questioning the accuracy for the rest of the app. When will the videos start to reflect inaccurate dates?

1 Like

My 2gen doorbell is also having the date problem ( 1970 ) and now shows Battery when it is hardwired. So two problems. Tried to chat with online person who gave me the Tech phone number and would not say if my two problems are a hot topic. This is a bit fishy as I see lot of us are having these two problems and Ring must be aware.

1 Like

It’s unclear what is happening at ring’s development dept recently, but based on the recent bugs including policy changes and incorrect dates (mine says health checkl was last performed 12/056/1969) I now questiuon Ring’s software security and date accuracy

1 Like

I have a Ring Doorbell 2 at one house, and a Ring Doorbell 3 Plus at another house. Both Ring devices show last health check as 12/31/1969 7 PM. The devices appear to be otherwise working correctly.

1 Like

Just want to add that I’m having the same issue. And have noticed that recording is not happening after midnight.

1 Like

I just went through every camera, doorbell and spotlight cam I have at multiple locations and they ALL say 12/31/1969. I would have to agree with previous posters that between this issue and the deletion of motion settings and zones without my knowledge, the software is certainly taking a turn for the worse. I hope they get around to addressing these issues because while “minor” they show a lack of care for the product.

1 Like

:x:
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓

so there’s been an app
update since you said
this & the bug has not
been remedied

:x:

I have 5 different cams. - floodlight, stick. When clicking DEVICE HEALTH for each of the cams, it shows a date last checked of 12/31/69 just saying, appears to be a bug.

1 Like