Keypad announce "front door open"

This one is quite a simple request really;

Please add door open notification announcements to keypads!

:slight_smile:

30 Likes

This is basic functionality, done by most alarm systems. Should be simple, as we can already tag the different sensors, we should be able to hear a specific entry point as opposed to just a chime.

6 Likes

I am glad 2 other people have brought up this issue. It would very nice to have that option. For it to say open/close door, windows, back door, garage door and so on.

6 Likes

It really can’t be that hard

Tesla downloads updates so can ring ha ha

3 Likes

Since the Ring keypads and chimes will not verbally announce which contact sensor or motion detector is being tripped, I have programmed my Echo system to make the announcements for me. You can do this by building a Routine for EACH sensor and EACH Echo. I currently have 7 contact sensors installed and 6 Echos. I had to build 42 routines to allow each Echo to announce which of the 7 contact sensors were tripped. It is not an elegant solution, but it works.

1 Like

I just was about to ask the same thing
i found out that you can do that using any Alexa device Just make a routine Alexa will announce it

2 Likes

Worked perfectly. I love the fact that I can tell different devices to only announce certain events

Ie downstairs only announces upstairs doors and windows

1 Like