Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
R
Key fob for alarm needed
alarm
product-request
I really like the ring alarm but find it lacking. I live on 5 acres with almost total wifi coverage. I need a keyfob to arm, disarm and set panic mode. I’m ready to go back to Interface as we depended on the fobs many times during each day. I’ve spoken with techs at Ring years ago. Admit fail and I’ll dump Ring immediately. Is there any activity on supplying Key Fobs for Ring Alarm Systems I’m on disability and find it difficult to carry groceries, purchases etc… and then be required to enter codes for my Ring Alarm and door lock codes. I rarely bring my phone anyplace as I’ve been shackled to 3 when I was working. Also, I will never have Alexa. Siri orCortana operational. A key fob would be absolutely invaluable to me and I question Ring’s reluctance to provide one. Any updates on this issue? Thanks!

04-04-2020 02:21:45

Responses (33)

R
I have just about every Ring product available including the security system. The one thing holding me back form converting my dad over from SimpliSafe to Ring security is the lack of a keyfob. Please offer this soon!

14-05-2020 05:54:14

P
I've bemoaned this same deficiency in Ring's system (among several others). The one and only time that I've been able to arm the system in over a year of having the system installed (like I said, I have several issues with the system) I forgot it was armed and I pranced right in and set off the alarm. In all of the chaos, I forgot the code to deactivate the alarm and my phone was hiding in my purse. Long story short is that the cops came out. It sure would've been nice to have a fob on the keychain that I used to unlock the door.

19-10-2020 05:17:30

M
Any updates on this? Ring are really missing out on potential customer base for their alarm system. I was going to buy this for my parents as a replacement for their old system and my own house. But they are both elderly and don't use smartphones, and don't cope well with remembering codes and pushing sequences and currently use key fobs. So I won't be buying this system at all. It's a shame as I like the look of it, but Ring are missing out customers from the elderly, vulnerable, disable communities who I would think would be the ideal demographic this simple type of alarm system.

19-06-2021 12:53:54

S
It would be great to have a small nfc reader that could be mounted near a door to just touch with your phone to arm/disarm the alarm.

06-07-2021 08:55:59

G
My grandma lives with me and has trouble with remember the codes so its better to have a key fob

10-10-2021 11:30:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User