Keep Getting Prompts to "Check Out The New Timeline" within Ring APP

Hello,

I keep getting prompts within the Ring App for IOS to “Check Out The New Timeline”. I keep checking it out and it keeps on being annoying. I have unistalled & re-installed the app and still won’t go away.

Thank you,

Robert

There is a black bar at the bottom of my ring app screen “Check out the new timeline LEARN MORE” that is blocking me from selecting multiple events and deleting them. Is there any way to get rid of the black bar? Maked the app pretty much useless.

Hey @Pifemaster. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We’ve opened a ticket with the appropriate team on this to have them take a look at this. I will make sure to update you on this once I have more information. We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

While you’re at it, please do something about the fact that the “Check out the new timeline” prompt overlays the “Delete All” button, making it impossible to delete all saved videos. I have to turn timeline on, which removes the prompt, then go delete all, then turn timeline back off. I don’t like timeline at all, so I prefer to leave it off.

@rlcronin Thank you for addressing this as well! When I brought this up with our team, this was the root cause of why the Timeline prompt was being investigated. Rest assured that this is brought into the mix, and just wanted to let you know. I’ll make sure to update this thread once this is addressed and resolved.

I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and are investigating it further, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try the troubleshooting steps recommended. Additionally, this is to help engage our neighbors to provide us more examples to pass on to our team.

Okay so every time I open the app and click on a video this popup that says “try our new timeline” pops up. Every. Single. Time. Once was enough. Having to deal with it several times a day for weeks on end has me quite peeved. What do I need to do (other than using timeline view, which I do not want to do) in order to never see this popup ever again?

I agree very annoying, must be due to a recent update on the app as it was never there before. There should be a way to turn the darn thing off!

Hey neighbors! After our team took a look into this, they have implemented a fix as of last night to address this concern. If you are still see this Timeline popup persist, please remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone, and then reinstall the app. Feel free to attach a screenshot of any error message or Timeline popup that may still arise, but you should see it is no longer there for you as it was before! :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring

** ** I downloaded the update last night and was pleased to find that the update has resolved the issue with the popup.

Thank you,

Robert

1 Like