Issues with Chime (not Pro)

First off, the Chime & Doorbell Pro both have excellent WiFi coverage due to a commercial WiFi AP (if you’re using a Subscriber modem or those basically POS routers with WiFi in them or worse, you’ve got a Subscriber modem with a Mesh setup, expect these to not work reliably).

That said, I had to disable the notification for motion on the Chime because the sound would be playing making the Chime unavailable for the Doorbell tone. Also, with the notification off for motion, I can keep the Doorbell Pro going all day/night for motion, but I get no notifications as we don’t keep the devices on to get them.

What I was hoping to do was:

Doorbell Pro → Chime for all Doorbell rings.
Doorbell Pro-> Chime for all motion detections (during the DAY) but not blocking rings.

Seems with the current arrangement, I can only disable motion detection to stop the notifications from the Chime. A superior option would be availability of the Chime to play tones (for each type) under scheduling (separately ones for Doorbell & Motion), so you don’t get those 1AM doorbell pushers ringing your Chime and waking the house up.

Though the biggest problem is, seeing “Missed Doorbell” notifications because the Chime was playing a motion sound. I don’t want to purchase another Chime just to play the Doorbell, seems a bit excessive. The front door has a manual doorbell which works with/without power, this Ring was done to avoid not being told about shipments being dropped at the door and left, which has happened a lot. With the Ring there, they at least push it (well, alright, about 40% of them do).

So there lies the issue, the Chime plays a motion tone but will not be available for a Doorbell tone. Would rather see the Chime able to be told “Doorbell tone has priority, stop what you’re doing and play it”. Would also like to see either on the Chime or the Doorbell Pro, an option to disable notifications (of either) based on a schedule, not a snooze, so we can still receive motions overnight.

Hi @GuruSR. Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback with the Community. The way your Chime is behaving is intended, as it cannot play both the motion and Doorbell ring notifications at the same time. With that said, I totally understand where you’re coming from with your suggestions on different options for priority with the notifications. Feel free to add these suggestions and any other ideas to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: