Is Ring Warranty/Customer Service a scam or just completely incompetent?

Has anyone ever had a warranty replacement from Ring? I purchased a Spotlight Cam that was DOA. I reached out to customer support and was told a new one would be sent out within 3-5 business days. That was over 2 1/2 months ago. At this point I’m not sure if Ring is just the most incompetent company I’ve ever dealth with or if this is some kind of scam. I have reached out 7 times since then, and every time it ends with “Sorry, the previous request wasn’t processed correctly. We will ship your replacement in 3-5 business days”. It has now been almost 3 months, they refuse to refund my money, and I’m still going through the same “We’ll ship it in 3-5 business days” every time I contact them. The last person I dealt with said they had been with Ring for over 4 years and assured me this was finally handled. It’s been 2 more weeks since then and I still don’t have a replacement. At this point I feel like Ring is either the most incompetent business and customer service I’ve ever dealt with, or there is some kind of scam going on. They’ve definitely scammed me out of my $200 and a bunch of my time trying to deal with this.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @crispy . For the best experience with returning an item for a refund, there are steps in our return policy, as well as a link to get started. It sounds like you just recently purchased this device, which means it is likely under warranty, as described on our warranty page. As you mentioned reaching out to our support team several times regarding replacement, they should provide you with a confirmation and tracking number. If they have not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Complete scam!!! I pay for the premium service and when my camera died they refused to replace because I missed two payments because I forgot to update my card. First month my card was hacked and I was waiting on a new card and second time my whole purse was stolen and I had my card shit off waiting for new card. If you miss even one payment you lose your warranty. Even if you heave been a Customer for 2 years. DO NOT BUY A RING CAMERA!!! I will tell everyone I know how big of a scam they are!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.