Is it possible to turn off or disturb the alarm so that it does not react to movement

Hi, I have a question. We had a thief steal our catalytic converter from our car (parked in our driveway in front of the Ring cam) a couple of weeks ago. Our Ring did not raise an alarm, nor could we see anything more than the camera flash for a split second. We wonder if it is somehow possible to turn off or disturb the alarm so that it does not react to movement. I feel worried that we can’t trust our alarm system anymore.

Hi @user23761. I’m sorry to hear about what happened with your car. To clarify, Ring Security Cameras are separate from the Ring Alarm system, and motion detection on your Camera will not trigger the siren on your Ring Alarm to go off. The siren on the Ring Alarm will only go off when one of the Ring Alarm Sensors are triggered while the system is armed. You are able to use the Linked Devices feature to link your Security Cameras to your Ring Alarm so the siren on your Camera will be triggered when the Ring Alarm is triggered. I hope this helps clear things up.