Intercom disturbing. I hear myself!

Hello, i hope you can help me.

I bought a ring intercom and connected it to my current intercom. it works almost perfectly! the only thing that’s wrong: Is when someone rings the doorbell and I answer it on my cell phone. I hear myself disturbing. My visitors hear me normally, but I hear myself twice with a kind of noise.

Thanks!

Hi @user77726, Welcome to the Ring Community!!!

Usually some audio issue can be fixed adjusting the volume and mic setting via the app.

Please tried to adjust the volume of the mic and the speaker in volume setting.

-Open the app;

• click on 3 line on the top left corner;
  • click device and Ring intercom in the next window;
  • click on device setting on the bottom → general setting → volume setting;
  • try to adjust the speaker and mic volume(decrease/increase) to see if the issue disappears.

If the above troubleshooting will not help to solve the issue, please let me know in order to continue our investigation.

Thanks for your cooperation.

thanks for your reply.

I have already tried to adjust the volume of the microphone and speaker. but unfortunately that doesn’t help. I made a video with sound of it. So the problem can be better understood.

hi @user77726 ,

We are sorry to hear that you still having issues with the Ring Intercom.

Thanks a lot for providing this much information and the picture. This helps a lot already.

Our team is taking a closer look at this for you and we will get back to you as soon as we know more.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Hello, I experience the same issue as the original poster. After speaking in the microphone I hear the same distorted noise as heard in the video. How can this be fixed?
Best regards

Hi @kurapkat, Welcome to Ring Community !

In order to double check the issue, can you please follow the instruction about the mic volume provided before? if you still having the same issue please provide a pics of the wires and the model of your device in order to reach our technician.

Please tried to adjust the volume of the mic and the speaker in volume setting.

-Open the app;

• click on 3 line on the top left corner;
  • click device and Ring intercom in the next window;
  • click on device setting on the bottom → general setting → volume setting;
  • try to adjust the speaker and mic volume(decrease/increase) to see if the issue disappears.

If the above troubleshooting will not help to solve the issue, please let me know in order to continue our investigation.

Thanks for your cooperation.