Integrate MyQ camera into Ring

Completely agree! This is just dumb and feels like being forced into buying a Ring product

3 Likes

Agreed. I also feel deceived!

3 Likes

Also +1 on DECEIVED

so fruststrated. I went out of my way to get the more expensive opener with the camera and the external pad with camera because of the Ring compatability. I’ve spent hours today trying to figure out why my cameras aren’t showing up on Ring. Oh. Because they’re not supposed to…. What a scam. Yes, Stick up cams would have been much easier and more cost efficient. Thanks for the rip off

3 Likes

+1 vote for me too! Just installed a myQ garage door opener camera, only to discover it does not work (completely) with ring. Disappointing!

3 Likes

Me too! Super frustrating! And misleading.

2 Likes

Add another vote. Very frustrating and misleading

2 Likes

Another vote for this

2 Likes

+1 here as well. I bought it after doing some research on the integration only to find out the camera doesn’t connect to ring. Not a huge waste of money, but it certainly was WAY more expensive than a simple keypad replacement.

2 Likes

Feels a lot like streaming services at this point, have to pay multiple providers to get assumed functionality and still can’t view all in one place. Chamberlain & ring need to get on finalizing this integration

2 Likes

Add me to the list of disappointed customers with respect to the inability to link the GDO camera to the Ring Dashboard. I assume when it says Ring is compatible with MyQ that it means the features for which I use Ring (i don’t need to open the Ring App to open my garage door). I’ll check out the utility of the garage door camera for the trial period and likely decide to abandon it in exchange for a Ring Stick Up Camera instead.

Also very disappointed. If it says compatible with Ring, I should be able to see the camera image in app as well. It doesn’t feel like Ring cares or will do anything about it though because as other people have noted “we’ll just put a stick up cam in its place”. Unfortunately, I purchased the MyQ garage camera due to its better weather resistance (than a Ring stick up cam) since it can reach below freezing and exceedingly hot in my garage, due to the external temperatures. Paying for multiple subscriptions is not something I plan on doing. I understand being a business for profit, but It’s definitely a corporate greed issue here that they can’t work out a better partnership to back up the statement of being compatible and working with each other.

What is the possibility for Ring to have access to gate opens set up in MyQ like garages for features like Amazon Key.