Integrate MyQ camera into Ring

I find it frustrating that the MyQ integration with Ring does not include the garage door cameras. It would be nice if this could be integrated so I could save to my Ring Alarm / Protection video history. I don’t plan on paying for a separate plan from MyQ for another 30 / 100 bucks a year for one camera when I already pay for Ring. Since the MyQ had integration I assumed this included their cameras which is obviously not the case.

I agree with Sollabe. I recently purchased 2 x Chamberlain Garage Door Openers that include cameras. Part of the buying decision was that these units were supposed to be linkable to the Ring App. I completed the linking process and then discovered there is no access to the Chamberlain cameras within the Ring Ap. Frustrating and my bad. I have 16 x Ring cameras and the Ring Protect Plus plan. I most certainly will not be paying a separate fee to Chamberlain when I can simply install one of my old Ring Stickup Cams to cover the garage.

8 Likes

Greetings! As stated in my post, “my bad.” While there is no specific statement that I know of saying the Chamberlain/LiftMaster camera equipped garage door openers will also integrate the cameras to the Ring App, the illusion and assumption is certainly there. The MyQ webpage for Ring integration (Ring | myQ) alludes to this by showing images of camera views on a phone, statement of “monitoring” capability and, shows one of their garage door openers that is equipped with a camera. This all while not specifically providing a disclaimer to the fact there is no camera integration. And of course the assumption of camera integration is automatically there since Ring is all about cameras and the openers now have a camera option. Anyway, the hope remains that Ring and Chamberlain will enhance their integration capabilities to include the camera. Perhaps it all boils down to whether their relationship is that of partners or competitors . . .

8 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said

6 Likes

Is there any progress on this?

Other than greed and deceptive marketing there is no reason a Ring/MyQ user should need to pay for two platforms when the backbone for communication is already in the app.

Ring and MyQ need to work out the contractual agreement to integrate these two seperate-but-same services.

5 Likes

That was very frustrating when the built-in camera didn’t appear in Ring. I felt deceived. And I certainly regretted that I purchased a LiftMaster garage door opener with a build-in camera that I can’t use.

5 Likes

Please add more votes to this proposal, so they can realize how bad was their decision to exclude cameras from the Ring integration.

6 Likes

+1 on getting deceived. It needs to be crystal clear in marketing that myQ Garage camera won’t work in Ring only the open/close/status of door.

6 Likes

I completely agree with all sentiment stated above. I plan on always having a Ring camera account, but have no desire to open a MyQ camera account. Integration would be a huge benefit to Ring customers. I’d even be willing to purchase a Ring camera upgrade if that was the only available option.

5 Likes

ADD MY VOTE!! I too assumed the camera would integrate will more then MyQ app…

4 Likes

I figured if Ring supported the MyQ camera it would be on their site. But that said, Ring should definitely integrate this product - if I’m typical then I’m sure they’d sell tons of these with their home products. Waiting…

3 Likes

I’m new to ring and I was really excited when I found out Ring and MyQ linked only to be completely bummed to find out the link isn’t working exactly complete. Ridiculous to pay MyQ for my two garage cameras when I’m paying ring for the other 12. Maybe one day but in the mean time I’m getting a few more stick ups and have a few useless MyQ liftmaster cameras. Wonder is the stick ups will work upside down ?!

2 Likes

Just got the myQ garage installed also and thought the camera would show up on Ring. Sad it won’t.

3 Likes

This is about money. I wish they had been honest about it.

3 Likes

+1 on the deception. Poor marketing on both parties. Definitely would have gotten a more basic garage opener to compensate for now purchasing a ring camera. Will have to educate recommendations to friends before they get disappointed.

Ring or MyQ, please get it together and update your customers about your capabilities.

1 Like

I am yet another customer frustration at the lack of integration despite multiple promotional materials touting how MyQ and Ring can be connected. The only integration is a notification when the garage door is opened/closed and a button that opens MyQ. I understand everyone wants a piece of the recurring charges pie, but either MUCH clearer description of functionality needs to be provided or true integration implemented.

2 Likes

I agree. I was deceived as well. I saw that it integrated. I already had the my q garage opener, just not the video keypad. When I tried to integrate it with ring, ring showed it was already integrated. But I can’t get the video. I wish that was more clear. So, I can get all my videos on one dashboard and I have to pay for another freaking plan. Very frustrated and disappointed.

3 Likes

Was hoping to add upgrade our garage keypad to the MyQ Video Keypad. But like the others on this thread I want to see the video in the Ring app with my doorbell and security cameras. And I refuse to pay for a separate subscription.

3 Likes

I would not have bought the much more expensive garage door opener with the built-in camera if I had known that it would not integrate with Ring. Now I also find out that I can’t integrate a Ring camera with the myQ opener – the very same one that used a Ring camera just months ago for the Amazon in-garage delivery feature.

2 Likes

Just made the same mistake - purchased 2 video garage keypads under the understanding that they were integrated with the Ring app (fully). Only to realise it’s just a way to open/close through the ring app when accounts are linked…NOT the video feature as implied with the works integrated!
Like others I’ll not be purchasing another video plan on top of the ring subscription so have just wasted a lot of money of keypads that the cameras will be redundant on unless they correct this.

2 Likes