Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter (Barrel Plug) for stick up cam

The option been sold on Amazon or ring is only 14ft long, are there any other outdoor options I can use that won’t invalidate the warranty of my camera and are longer. I don’t want battery or solar supply.

@Roxy2015 wrote:

The option been sold on Amazon or ring is only 14ft long, are there any other outdoor options I can use that won’t invalidate the warranty of my camera and are longer. I don’t want battery or solar supply.

Hello @Roxy2015 ,

Actually, the cord comes in two parts. The two cords, when attached/combined together, the length is 22.9 feet total.

As for describing these two cords, I realize my explanation might be difficult to understand, so I’ve attached two pictures.

• The First cord is a bit over 8 feet long (8.2 ft). ** ** It has a custom-fit jack that inserts into the back of the Stick-up cam. The other end of this cord has a small, weather-proof electrical transformer that accepts an adapter. This transformer already comes with the the 2-bladed-adapter-plug in place .

• The Second cord is over 14 feet long (14.7 ft). It has an adapter that can connect into the 8-foot cord’s transformer. The other end has a non-removable 2-bladed-power end.

You have two options available for you:

• If you do not need the additional 14-foot portion, you can just use the 8-foot cord, and keep the 2-bladed-adapter plug in place, like if you were going to mount your cam indoors.
  • If you require more than 8-feet, firmly press on the “Push” button and slide the bladed-adapter off the transformer. Then slide on the 14-foot adapter until it clicks securely in place. This will take a bit of physical pressure, because there is an orange gasket on this adapter to provide a water-tight electrical connection. This adapter also has 4 holes for mounting screws to secure the transformer. Now you made one longer weather-proof “Outdoor” cord.

If you look again in the “Tech Specs” for the “Size/Color/Dimensions” it shows the lengths of each “Outdoor” and “Indoor” use cord that can be combined into one longer “Outdoor” cord. But I can easily understand that you didn’t know they combine together, because the description is not clear on that.

https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/indoor-outdoor-power-adapter-barrel-plug

Hopefully, the length of these two combined will suit your needs. If not, a normal extension cord can be plugged into the end of the 14-ft section to make it even longer. I hope you find this information useful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need another 14 ft segment between these two. Are those available?

Hi @jpkelley. To extend the reach of the Indoor/Power Adapter, you’ll need to use an extension cord. This can be found at your local home improvement store. If you are using this outside, be sure you are getting an extension cord that is rated for outdoor use.

It would be nice to include the instructions on how to remove the bladed adapter from the transformer! Purchased two cords before looking at how to join them. Not a happy camper!

Hi @user15628. I’ll be sure to pass this feedback along in hopes to improve this experience. Thank you!