Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Indoor and outdoor Cam, sound not working
hardwired-security-cameras
wireless-security-cameras
I would dearly love some help! I have an indoor cam and outdoor cam at my house, and four indoor cams at my fathers house. He has dementia and I communicate with him via the cameras. In April this year Ring did a global update and since then my Dad cannot hear me through the cameras. Also, mine do not work and neither does my ex husbands who lives 300 miles away! I have logged the fault, I have spoken to Egypt and USA. I have the highest technical team on it, apparently. 6 months later I have nothing to report. I have - reluctantly - submitted two complaints which have not been answered! Goodness me! What am I to do? I am asking for advice on how to resolve this situation so please don't advise I phone support as this is clearly not working. I do not want to create a full, I love the system, I have recommended the system to many people. But I really do need it to be working and surely 6 months is enough time to resolve the issue? What shall I do if Ring simply never come back to me regarding this?

22-08-2021 05:15:42

Responses (1)

M
Hi there, @Molly302! The best first step will be to troubleshoot at the location itself, as you testing the Cameras yourself, in real time, can rule out many factors. This will also allow you to test between two different mobile devices (dad's/ yours). Often times, audio concerns are related to mobile device, Ring app, or general connection variables. Check out our [Community post about RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) for tips on best wifi signal strength. This will help most with audio concerns, as will trying different mobile devices. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on either mobile device, and that the two way audio (green answer) button is being toggled during an event. If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the concern, and this concern is occurring with several Cameras, it may require a more advanced solution. Let's try those steps first, and please let us know how this goes! :)

24-08-2021 08:37:51

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User