Iftt applet ran only when I open live view on Ring app

I have an applet on Ifttt that receive motion from ring doorbell 4 as a trigger to turn on the light. The issue is the applet receive the motion notification only after I open the ring app and click on live view. It seems like all motion detection are stored on ring app and only send to iftt when I open the live view on ring app.

Hi @ggray. While API integrations like IFTTT and SmartThings have limited functionality with Ring, we do not officially support these integrations. Please reach out to IFTTT’s support for troubleshooting assistance.

Hi, thanks for the information but I do not receive the motion even in Alexa app. I think that’s is a ring issue.

Alexa is an officially supported integration, so we have troubleshooting steps here if the Ring Skill doesn’t appear to be working in Alexa. Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app and the Alexa app, and ensure Doorbell Announcements are toggled on. If you need further assistance with the Ring and Alexa integration, you can follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.