I never receive a notification when the mail is dropped off

I never receive a notification when the mail is dropped off but every time I retrieve it, I do.
In other words, when I go to get the mail, I get the notification on my phone but when the mail carrier drops it off, I don’t. Not exactly what I was hoping for. The mailbox is a good hundred feet from my house. I have the sensor mounted to the back of the back of the mailbox with the antenna lead going through the back and on the wooden pole above the box.

Hi @mamerica. First, check the Device Health in the Ring app to make sure that signal the Mailbox Sensor is adequate. Next, try adjusting the Motion Settings to be more sensitive. After you’ve made these adjustments, monitor the Mailbox Sensor for a few days to see if it is operating as intended.

If you continue to run into problems, reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.