General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
E
User Solution
Closed
I got Questions
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
  1. Does Ring work with Google - Home or Assistant - or Samsung Bixbi on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 9+

Why i ask if it works with Google although it is from Amazon - let me tell you why

I purchased a Echo 8 to show the Videos/Doorbell - which worked fine.
However ! Lets make this clear - i purchased the item - my property - no advertising contract etc
Turned everything off that has to do with advertising, Home content, Skill, Reset Advertising ID
However that didn’t bother the Echo device as it continued to bug me with advertising.

Why is a device i purchased, i own, advertising on my device without my permission.
I had 3 Amazon People check my setting and all 3 assured me there would be no more advertising!? No More! What!? My device, why is there advertising in the first place?

11-02-2024 07:53:40

Responses (3)

J
User Solution

Hi @Eagle7. No, Ring is only fully compatible with Alexa. I would recommend you continue working with Alexa Support for your other concern.

12-02-2024 05:29:06

E

Thank you for the reply.
Although Ring doorbell works as intended i most likely will replace the doorbell soon with eufy.
I don’t intend to rely on any spyware/add ware produced by Amazon.

14-02-2024 07:26:40

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

15-03-2024 07:27:24

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User