I can’t hear the voice of whoever rings the bell

Hi I have the doorbell 3 plus … I cant hear any sound from the person ringing the doorbell but the person ringing the bell can hear me perfectly , I’m on ios and have sound turned on in privacy settings , any help would be much appreciated

Hi @dewesleys! The next step here will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. As you mentioned the person at the door being able to hear you well, this usually means your wifi signal is not an issue. It’s always good to be sure of wifi signal by checking your RSSI. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Please also ensure bluetooth is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi thanks for the reply the only thing I haven’t tried is turning Bluetooth off which I will try when I get home, is turning Bluetooth off an absolute must in getting the doorbell working as I have other devices connected to my phone like headphones etc, thanks

I’ve now tried turning off Bluetooth but sadly no difference so any other ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks for trying that, @dewesleys! Please ensure the Doorbell is connected to your 2.4 Ghz wifi network, rather than 5 Ghz. Otherwise, the audio should be working as intended both ways. Try a reset on your Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once completed, please reconnect the device back to wifi. If the microphone on the Doorbell is still not picking up any audio at all, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I had this problem also. I tried all the steps advised by the ring help advisor but nothing worked. He advised me to get a wi-fi booster. Before doing this I decided to totally restart the installation process. Initially I had used the 2 little wires that came with the doorbell to hardwire it to my existing doorbell. This time I didn’t use the 2 little wires and just connected the Existing wires directly to the ring. It seems my ring may not have been getting enough power because now everything works as it should without me having to spend £40-£50 on a WiFi booster. Thank the Lord for giving me knowledge, wisdom and patience.