Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
U
I can’t get a Ring Chime to work with a Ring doorbell
troubleshooting
chime
I am using a setup consisting of a Battery Video Doorbell Plus (QR code 30719) plus Chime Pro Second Generation (QR code 94810). The Chime is in the hallway, less than 2M from the bell. The Ring app reports a “strong internet connection”. The network signal strength is RSSI-59, and is RSSI-41 at the front door. In the Ring app, when I use “TEST SOUND ON CHIME”, the chime operates correctly but only once for any test. But when I press the doorbell, the chime is silent, However, the chime nightlight does replicate the doorbell signal. I have cancelled and reinstalled the Ring app. I have also I have also cancelled and reinstalled the chime twice. These have had no effect on the problem. I am very deaf and also have an intermittent speech problem due to a stroke, so telephone calls are very difficult for me. I need a written reply or a help desk email. Thanks and regards, Clive Maier

25-08-2023 04:40:59

Responses (3)

T
Hi @user56040. It sounds like you may need to adjust your Chime Settings and ensure that you can Alerts enabled for it. Here's how to link your Ring devices to your Chime Pro: * Tap the **menu (☰)** in the Ring app * Tap **Devices** * Tap the Ring device you want to connect to the Chime Pro. * Tap the **Linked Chimes** tile. * Choose from the settings on the **Linked Chimes** screen to set your ring and/or motion notifications. * Use the small arrow pointing right to get to the next screen to customize the sounds. * Use the small blue arrow on the top left to navigate back to the previous page. I hope this information is helpful!

28-08-2023 03:21:55

U
Afraid not. I have reinstalled the chime again today and gone through all the steps but the problem persists, exactly as stated in my original query. Regards, Clive Maier

30-08-2023 12:47:45

T
Hi @user56040. In this case, you'll need to contact our support team to further diagnose this concern. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

30-08-2023 04:54:51

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

29-09-2023 04:55:42

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User