I can’t add my Echo Show devices as security cameras in the Ring app

I connected successfully Alexa and Ring using the respective accounts.
I’m also able to control the Ring security system from Alexa and I see all the Ring security devices on the Alexa app.
However, I’m not able to connect the Echo Shows in the Ring app. I always receive the error “there are no supported devices in your Amazon account”.
Of course I have already enabled (and re-enabled a few times) the Home Monitoring setting in the Echo Show 5 and they are recognized also by Alexa as cameras.

What am I missing?!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi @zetarun. You cannot add Echo Show devices as cameras in the Ring app. We have this Help Center article here with further information regarding Alexa and Ring integration. Also, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this as a feature request, along with any future feature requests. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Thanks Justin, but so I don’t understand why I can add Alexa devices in my Ring app and when they aren’t discovered the Ring app suggests to enable “Home Monitoring” on Echo Show.

Can you explain what this is meant for, please?

Screenshots attached.

Thank you!!

Hi @zetarun. This Amazon page here explains what it means to use your Echo Show Camera for Home Monitoring. Although we do support integration with select Amazon devices, the Ring app is exclusive for Ring devices.

I came here to post the same as @zetarun as I’ve tried to get my devices into the Ring app only for it to not find any (there is two Echo Show 5 devices with Home Monitoring switched on).

Funny how the Ring app asks us to link our Echo devices. Is this an upcoming feature that’s been inadvertently revealed?

I have a similar issue to @zetarun

I’ve linked my Amazon and ring accounts successfully. I have two echo dots shown in my Alexa app, connected.

However when I try to set up an Alexa connected device (ie my two echo dots) to my ring app (under set up a device > Alexa connected devices) it always returns the error message:

‘There are no supported devices in your Amazon account. To add a new Alexa connected device, set it up in the Alexa app first’.
Code P13-01

How do I resolve this issue?

Hi @user36537. Echo Dots are not going to be setup in the Ring app. What are you trying to accomplish with your Echo Dots when linking with Ring? Are you trying to use them to play alerts for your Ring devices? Once I have this information, I can provide you with the correct information and the proper steps.

I actually read the article about enabling home monitoring on my Echo Show devices, but it’s just about how it works with the Alexa app, and that works fine.

I still don’t understand what’s the point of having a procedure inside the Ring app to add Echo Show devices, even recommending to enable home monitoring and then failing to connect the devices anyway, even if home monitoring is correctly enabled.
It gives to the user the impression that Echo show devices can be used as cameras as the other ones of the Ring ecosystem (which would make a lot of sense to me).

Is anyone able to explain this!?

Hi @Justin_Ring

Yes, I want to connect my echo dots so when someone rings my doorbell, it creates an alert on the echo dots (as additional chimes). I just keep getting this error when trying to add echo dots from the ring device set up > Alexa connected devices.

Hi neighbors. The reason why this is in the Ring app, is certain Echo devices can be used as a Ring Bridge. You can see that information here. To integrate Alexa devices, check out this Help Center article here. I hope this helps!

If an Echo Show is not supported in the app and is just a bridge, then why did I just pay $40 for the basic plan? Seems like I was misled.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.