How to setup motion detection schedule?

I want to setup a motion detection schedule, not a schedule to mute notifications, to actually enable or disable motion detection.

Reason being at the moment for unknown reasons it’s detecting motion outside of my programmed motion zones, I’m taking no where near the motion detection zone.

Thanks

Hi @L1111. The Motion Schedule does not disable motion detection. If you want to disable motion detection, try using Modes for your cameras. This will completely disable motion for the selected camera. I hope this information helps!

Ok thanks @Tom_Ring, I’ll have to do this. But is it correct that it still records motion even though it’s not in the programmed advanced zone?

I get a notification “someone at door” only if someone comes in my programmed zone, but get lots of recordings without notifications anywhere else - is this correct?

Thanks

Hi @L1111. You should only be getting notifications from recordings that are started by someone entering your Motion Zones. If you notice that you are getting recordings from events outside of your Motion Zones, it may be best to adjust them. For instance, instead of having one large zone, try creating 3 smaller zones to cover the same area. This will help your Doorbell to be more accurate. Cheers!

Hi thanks for reply.

As long as I understand this is what is supposed to happen that’s fine ie I only get notifications if in my programmed motion zone.

But is all other motion recorded regardless? Is there no option to not record this, as at the moment I’m getting nearly 100 events of motion (not notifications as outside my programmed zone) per day and it’s depleting my battery very very quickly.

Thanks

Hi @L1111. The only motion that is recorded will be motion that is detected in your Motion Zones If you’re getting that many notifications, they may need to be adjusted. The Community post here has some great tips and tricks for doing this! If you still notice this happening after you’ve made adjustments, try contacting our support team to offer further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.