How to schedule Ring Chime snooze to repeat

I’ve searched this topic with no results. I have 4 chimes and am looking for the ability to schedule each to snooze. We get ongoing motion alerts whenever we have activities around the home. Opening each chime on the app to activiate snooze takes too long. I would prefer this feature to the current ability to disable motion notifications.

4 Likes

We appreciate this feedback @BruceG. You are correct, there is the option to select a duration for snooze, but not an option to schedule a repeat Chime snooze. For custom durations or a quicker method of snoozing multiple chimes, there is also the option in the Ring app to unlink your Ring devices from the Chimes if you find this to be quicker.

Consider this feedback shared with our teams! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marley_Ring. Good suggestion to try. Ultimately, the only real solution is for Ring to add this control to the software.

4 Likes

This would be a wonderful feature to add to the Ring software. It’s frustrating getting chimes at night and waking up the baby.

4 Likes

Want to add my voice to this! Would be brilliant. My little one sleeps at the same time each afternoon, would be great to automate the chime snooze.

3 Likes

Hi Neighbors! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Could you put the chime on a wifi plug switch? Like the Kasa HS103? Those can be scheduled to you hearts content.

That is genius, @Dsturzy ! I’m doing this! Thank you.

1 Like

I also very much want a way to schedule chime snooze periods also (like many others, for times my baby naps) and while a wifi plug is a way to do that, it’s a hardware workaround that adds a layer of cost & complexity for what should be a simple software fix.

They have this functionality for other Ring devices, so it’s not even creating new code, just adding it to this device! Going to add my vote to adding this functionality on the Feature Request Board.

1 Like

I found a solution since I have seen the feature request issues 3yrs ago and it hasn’t been implemented. I was able to convert the transformer for the doorbell and chime into an outlet. Bought an $18 plug-in transformer with a smart outlet that I could program to turn off power to the transformer which will disable the mechanical chime and the ring doorbell will still function with the battery to send notifications and ring outside, but not inside.

Now I had a mechanical chime, but if you have the wireless ring chime, just put a smartplug adapter before the chime and schedule it to turn off at the schedule time you want. Hope this helps anyone who do not want to be bother or have the dogs barking in the morning hours. I have a neighbor who likes to stop and ring the doorbell in the morning.

I want this too. I should be able to set a schedule to turn off chimes during the night.

Please add it

Hey neighbors. At this time, you cannot put your Chime or Chime Pro on a schedule. Other neighbors have suggested this feature before, which you can find here on our Feature Request board. I’d recommend adding your feedback and vote to that request.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.