How to petition for new post preference category

Does anyone know how to contact Ring to ask if they would explore setting up a new post preference category? Our neighborhood is frequented by wildlife, primarily coyotes, that many neighbors then post as a safety issue on the Ring app ("keep an eye on your pets and small children. There was a coyote in the neighborhood…). Anyone know how to contact or petition Ring to create a new post preference category for wildlife spotting that will allow us to opt out as we can with other categories? While many neighbors appreciate the warnings because they have small pets that go outside, receiving notifications daily, and sometimes several times a day, from folks saying there is a coyote in the neighborhood is tiresome and frankly causes me to ignore other warnings. I’m not able to find a way to contact Ring to ask them how to do this. Thanks.

1 Like

thought they had a lost pets section.

It looks as though you can go to notification settings and choose Advanced Filters. Click on “Safety” and deselect Wildlife.

I was here hoping to get Ring to start a category for neighbors seeking rather than giving information. For example, a neighbor asking about loud noises and low flying helicopters, etc could be put into an “Inquiries” category under Unexpected Activity or Safety. Allow users to deselect that category.

Hey neighbors! This sounds like an excellent feature request. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: