How to achieve maximum overlap of Ring ecosystem with DR Horton Smart Home Package

We will be closing in on a DR Horton home soon which comes with a default smart home package (here) . I want to use the ring ecosystem (cameras, sensors, live monitoring) as much as possible without throwing away the devices that come with the house by default, at least for a few years. How can I achieve that? Are there any features/devices in particular that won’t work?

Edit: For convenience adding the list of items here that the house comes pre-wired with

• QOLSYS IQ Panel
  • Honeywell T6 Pro Z-wave thermostat
  • Kwikset Smartcode888
  • Skybell video camera (most likely slim 2)

I know I’m late to this party, but we bought a DR Horton home in July 2021, and the “smart home” system is junk unless you want a professionally monitored system. It was so locked down that I couldn’t even add z-wave switches without calling the security provider and if you aren’t paying them monthly, you aren’t very high priority. Fortunately, when they were here, I saw them enter their service code, so I added a bunch of stuff, but it’s still based around the Alarm.com app and from what I understand, the “unpaid trial” ends after 3 years. I didn’t want a monitored system, I just needed something to wake me up if our son who is 3 tries to leave the house in the middle of the night. No real need to call the cops for that. I chose the Ring system as it can control z-wave switches, thermostats, and deadbolts. So far the Ring integration has worked well. I’ve been able to add Schlage wifi deadbolts, and the Lift Master Garage Door openers, I just wish Ring let you add the light switches into the Dashboard. I really wanted a one app system to control the whole house, and Ring has a great opportunity to offer a true one app smart home experience, but they bury all the stuff you use daily like light switches in sub menus with no great way to create groups.

1 Like

I am really late to this but I too have a DRHorton system coming to a 3 year end and would like to use ring. How do you set up ring with currently installed equipment anD IQ4 panel. From the panel, thru ring app or alarm.com?