What is the difference between the Ring Basic Plan and the Protect Plus Plan?
Trying to decide which Ring Protect Plan is best for you? Well, there are four main differences between the Ring Basic Plan and the Protect Plus Plan to consider. The differences are listed below to help you decide which plan is best for your needs.
Number of devices covered
- Protect Plus Plan - covers unlimited Ring device at one location.
- Protect Basic Plan - covers a single camera or doorbell device. For example, if you have one Spotlight Cams and one Video Doorbell, you would get one Protect Basic Plan for each device.
- Protect Plus Plan - includes an extended warranty which will extend your devices original warranty. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription.
- Protect Basic Plan - includes one year of warranty from purchase date.
Ring Discount - Only offered with Protect Plus Plan
- Protect Plus Plan - you will receive a 10% discount on Ring.com purchases, so you can grow your ring of security! Check out this Community article for more details on that discount.
Professional Monitoring - Only offered with Protect Plus Plan
- Protect Plus Plan - includes Professional Monitoring in eligible locations (U.S. (excluding American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada excluding Quebec) with the Ring Alarm.
Check out the Protect Plans page to learn more about which plan is best for your needs!