How do you fix error code P1-78 for Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2?

How do you fix error code P1-78 for RIng Video Doorbell Pro 2?

Hi @user35691. What problems are you experiencing with your Doorbell Pro 2? Having a bit more information to go off of will be helpful so I can provide useful and relevant troubleshooting tips.

I too got this code on my Doorbell Pro.

Every this has been working for for well over a year. 2 hours ago someone rang the doorbell, it worked, it recorded the delivery driver, and then it turned off.

Wifi for all other devices including other Ring devices, which include a Ring Floodlight camera are all still connected. Nothing had changed. Other devices and applicants on the same circuit breaker are still working. The doorbell pro is hardwired in with the Ring Doorbell Pro adapter, plugged directly into the socket.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

2 Likes

Hi @Dieselrose. To clarify, your Ring Doorbell Pro appears to not have power? I’d recommend attempting to reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, try to set the Doorbell Pro back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t work, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here to take a deeper look at what the cause might be.

I have the same problem, I too got this code on my Doorbell Pro.

Every this has been working for several years.

Wifi for all other devices including other Ring devices are all still connected. Nothing had changed. Other devices and applicants on the same circuit breaker are still working. The doorbell pro is hardwired in with the Ring Doorbell Pro adapter, plugged directly into the socket. What does Error P1-78 mean? I have power, when I try o re-set it, the white light spins around, but then it says it can’t connect to the setup wi-fi.

Hi @bobzepfel. Since a full reset did not resolve this issue, you would need to reach out to our support team for more assistance. Our support team can help with more in-depth troubleshooting, as we can’t see any account or device details here on the Ring Community.

1 Like

My Ring Doorbell Pro had a P178 code and it went offline overnight. I had to take the cover off and hit the reset button for 20 seconds, for 3 times before it would power up to the spinning white light. I had to reconnect it to my phone, and it started working again. All other devices were working and connected to the wifi which was working. It just went dead overnight.

I have this same issue. The doorbell does have power but just not able to connect to Wi-Fi. I have used the orange button several times and no resolve. Advise?

1 Like

I have the same issue and a reset seems to work, for 2 minutes

Same issue here. Sounds a little fishy that all of us are having the same issue. Is Ring just trying to get us to buy new devices?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.