How do you connect the Leviton switch to the ring app. I have tried and it doesn't work

I have tried and I can’t figure out how to connect the Leviton switch to the Ring app. There is no setup button for it.

1 Like

Hi @21ac2e819012b28a630a7694eb17c8. The Ring Base Station is required to set up a compatible Leviton switch in the Ring App. You can find a list of compatible devices that work with Ring here, including the different Leviton devices. In the Ring App, you’ll navigate to Set Up a Device > Security > Works With Ring and follow the steps from there. :slight_smile:

Can lights be added to the dashboard? I paired the Leviton switches and see no way to get easy access to them

1 Like

Hi @Keo. You can’t add lights to the Dashboard of the Ring app, but you can add a Shortcut Tiles. This Help Center article here has more information on how to set up your shortcuts.

So here is what I found out today online/phone with your support. I purchased over $1500 of the Decora Z-Wave Leviton Smart switch/light. These are replacement rocker switches with a wave tech that connect to the ring alarm base station which acts as the a wave hub. This works the same should you use Yale Assure Zwave smart locks.
However, here is the problem with the Leviton switches you sell on your website. These switches CANNOT be group into the lights. If you want to operate the lights through the ring app you have to go into the app and click on the hamburger icon on the top left and then click devices, then click on your Alarm Base Station and THEN go down to the lights where your Leviton switches are located.
I have built out thousands of dollars worth of equipment that integrates with ring, this one is the worst purchase and the biggest waste of time. Ring should not advertise these as integrated when you have to go into the app and go through 5 steps just to turn a light switch on and off. I’m sending them all back and looking for better security systems that can act as a TRUE smart home hub.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.