How do I turn off the automatic announcement, "Hello, you are being recorded..."

My ring doorbell is now announcing to anyone approaching that they are being recorded. I don’t want that announcement made. It makes friends and visitors uncomfortable. How do I turn off that announcement. My doorbell did not used to do this.

This sounds like a Motion Warning. Motion Warning can be disabled by following these steps:

• Open the Ring app Main Menu (three lines top left)
  • Tap Devices
  • Tap the specific device you want to control with Motion Warning
  • Toggle Motion Warning in the top right
    • To disable Motion Warning, simple toggle the feature off in this Device Dashboard.

teris42 -

I’m concerned because we continue to see posts such as your regarding the Motion Warning feature being turned on without the knowledge and/or permission of the user.

Do you have any what caused the problem?

• Do you think it may have accidentally been turned on by a member of your household?
  • Do you suspect that it was caused by some type of Ring update?

Unless you live in a very rural area, and thus, far from the nearest neighbor – I can see how this (ill-conceived) Ring “feature” could quickly become a nightmare for anyone who is (involuntarily) forced to listen to it. It could also become a real problem for the owner of the Ring device(s) when unhappy victims decide to take revenge.