How do I report a Ring app and Ring.com outage/incident?

When Ring.com is down in addition to the Ring app, clearly I can’t log in to my account. I just spent 43min on the phone with a Ring phone representative who barely spoke English and didn’t understand my question. I’m subscribed to incident updates. But I would like to know how to REPORT an incident to you in the future. Generally we are very please with our Ring Spotlight cams and Stick Up cam. But Ring hardly does us much good when the Ring app and Ring.com website aren’t functioning.

Hi there, @SilverSpring! Great call on subscribing to incident alerts, and reaching out to support. At Ring we are constantly working to add to and improve on our features and devices. While it does not happen often, if there was a matter impacting our neighbors our teams often will see it first.

Of course, our neighbors’ feedback is important to us, and sharing your experience is always welcome! While our Community is a neighbor to neighbor environment, the Community team will often share feedback like this with our teams here. A call to our support team is another great way to share feedback, and have any matter looked into further. For any concerns that need immediate assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. As always, keep an eye on Status.Ring.com for the quickest updates. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for responding. Your remark that “our teams often will see it first” is one of the frustrating parts of users not being able to report an outage. Also, resuggesting that users sit on the phone for large extended periods of time to report an outage is a bit unreasonable. Hopefully the Ring team will add a “Report an outage” feature to Status.Ring.com page.

1 Like