How do i get an insurance cert (multiple location Rings, so No "Monitoring" tab)

How do i get a insurance certificate-- the support article is incorrect there is no “monitoring” tab under settings menu

In the web app go to Settings, Monitoring, Insurance Certificate and print the page or e-mail the certificate to yourself.

1 Like

When I go to Settings it just says “Location” and “Users” is this because I have multiple locations. If I click either location or users buttons nothing relating to certificate shows.

Is this because I have multiple locations? Where would this Settings, monitoring, ins cert Menus be??

Are you looking in your ring account on your pc or your phone?

Hi @crayola. You’ll first need to make sure you have Professional Monitoring enabled, which is part of the Ring Protect Plus plan. Then you can follow the steps under our Help Center Article here in order to get a certificate to show your insurance. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

So far, I keep seeing the suggestion of going to Settings and selecting Monitoring. There is no Settings option on the laptop version and no Monitoring option on the iPhone app. I see no way of selecting any type of Professional Monitoring anywhere. And yes, I paid for the full premium plan for the year. I am getting quite frustrated with this issue. I paid specifically to have the monitoring and the certificate. Someone, please explain to me where to find the monitoring option when there is nowhere that says “Monitoring”?

Get your insurance certificate using the Ring app:

1. Open the mobile app and tap on the Menu.
  2. Tap Settings .
  3. Tap Monitoring .
  4. Tap Insurance Certificate .
  5. Tap Send Certificate.
  6. Contact your insurance provider to check on a policy discount.

If you are doing this on a computer, visit Ring.com/account and log in there to see the Settings option from your account Menu, then follow the same steps to reach your certificate. Please also ensure you are logging in as the owner. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

As he BubbaWhoo has said many times, “there is no Monitoring option”!