General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
A
How do I disable 2 step authentication
battery-video-doorbell
two-step-verification
troubleshooting
Recent purchase - set up accout with 2 step authentication.\ issue is whenever I try to log in with my phone. As soon as I move focus on my phone to get the SMS. it logs me out the app... And so on.... quite infuriating really. And when I finally get into the app. there is no device pair availabe at all. surely this should be more simple than this. Previous (different make of doorbell). 4 clicks and done

03-09-2023 12:54:29

Responses (3)

C
Hi @anoms80. Two Step Verification cannot be turned off, and you will receive a verification code whenever you log into a new device. Once you are logged in on that device, you will remain logged in unless you go more than 30 days without accessing the app, or clear the app's cache and data. I'm not sure if you are on Android or iOS, but you should be able to view the push notification without having to close or minimize the Ring app. On iOS, I can swipe down from the top of the screen and view recent push notifications, including the SMS with the verification code.

06-09-2023 03:29:18

J
Hi @user51307. Ring uses 2FA for the Ring app, web app, Neighbors app, and forum to add an extra layer of security to your account. As of now, the option to stay logged into the forum for 30 days or to stay logged in till you log out has not been added. As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/24). Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

12-09-2023 10:41:47

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

12-10-2023 10:42:20

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User