Help! Ring Transformer wont turn off landscaping lights

Having the same issue. We have 2 transformers on the same group and one goes off at 11p and the other stays on - even though they share a light schedule

Having same problem here! I’ve tried all the steps above, Made sure app was updated, removed original group and created a new one, deleated schedules, nothing works…When is this going to be fixed?

Add me in too for this problem. Lights are scheduled to go on at dusk and off at midnight. They never go off. I even tested setting the off time to UTC, no joy.

Think I’ll call Ring support later and raise Hell.

Just got off from Ring Support.

So it’s a known problem, and they’re working on it.

Affects Ring Transformers as well as ring smart bulbs (which I’ve wasted money on also)

Didn’t get any sense of urgency on the fix. Seems to me this is about the most serious bug possible with Smart lighting.

I suggest we all flood the sites where you bought it with 1 star ratings. It’s unacceptable for a so called “smart” lighting system to be so dumb that it can’t even turn off at a certain specific time.

Add me to the list of having the same issue. Have had it for weeks now. Have tried everything. So wish I would have bought a normal transformer. This is rediculous.

I’ve been playing around with the on and off times. I’ve decided that "Dawn to Dusk just doesn’t work. Tried all the suggestions. Yesterday, my lights came on at 1:30 PM rather than 8:30PM. they went off at 11:00PM rather than 6:00AM. I looked at the history and figured that the time differences seemed to be in GMT rather than PDT. changing the times to GMT…I’ll let you know what happens tonight.

1 Like

Same problem for the last 2 months. How are you changing the time zone?

Mine our now working! I have a ring transformer, 3 A19 smart bulbs, and a motion sensor.

There are TWO things that can make you have the doesnt shut off problem. To fix it, you’re going to have to remove the transformer and add it back in again to do this.

PREFACE: go to transformer device page on your ring app, click on Device Health - firmware should be 1.8.3-29 or higher. If not call support they can push an update to it.

#1- There`s an issue of some corruption in the config. IF YOUR RING TRANSFORMER HAS EVER DISAPPEARED FROM YOUR DEVICE PAGE, AND YOU HAD TO RESCAN THE QR CODE TO ADD IT BACK IN, ITS CORRUPTED.

But to confirm, you need to delete all the devices out of the device group, and then remove the group. If its corrupted you will get an error removing the device group.

So to fix this, you basically need to reinstall everything, ESPECIALLY THE BRIDGE. If you hold down the button on the bridge (need a paperclip) for 30 seconds it will revitalize the bridge.

Add it back in, the go to your Ring Transformer, hold down the lit button for 30 seconds, reset the power to it, add it back in.

If you have other devices in your lighting group, add them in BEFORE creating ANY lighting schedules.

To create the lighting schedules, go to your lighting group, and click on lighting schedules. Dont click on a device and then create it there. Lighting schedules created at the lighting group level will give you a prompt to COPY the schedule to other lighting devices. EASY.

NOW IF YOU HAVE THE A19 RING SMART BULBS… they still will not follow the schedule. You’ll need to call support and ask them to “contact the A19 smart bulb product manager and ask him to download the hot fixes to your bulbs” . You’ll need to send support a screenshot of the device health page for each smart bulb. The product manager dude is a great guy and VERY responsive.

If you dont want to call, the hotfixes will all be downloaded in about 3 weeks.

The smart bulbs is a killer add to your landscape lighting. The bulbs are dimmable through the app, so those lights can come on along with your low voltage stuff.

We have out timer to go on at dusk, off at midnight. If the motion sensor strips after midnight everything comes on for 5 minutes!

1 Like

I basically did the same steps by myself prior to calling support - they were clueless. This process made it work for about 2 weeks then had a power outage and problem returned. Definitely something with the firmware in my opinion

I didn’t actually change the time zone, I just recalculated the on/off times based on on the history log on/off times. I wanted them to come on at 8:00 PM and off at 6:00. When I set these times in the schedule, the lights were coming on at 1:00 PM and off at 11:00PM. So, I changed the On time to 3:00 am (8:00 PM +7) and off at 1:00 PM (6:00 AM +7). It’s a little easier to look at it on the 24 Hour clock

On: 20:00+7:00 = 03:00

Off: 06:00+ 7:00 = 13:00

I am having the same issue. The ring transformer never automatically turns off. I have removed the app and reinstalled. I have deleted the schedule and recreated. Nothing fixes.

Has anyone found a fix?

My current fix is to use alexa routines to control the landscape transformer instead of Ring

Add me to the list.

I don’t even use schedules. Instead everything is based off motion detection for a walkway. Front is the solar flood light with motion. Walkway lights are wired Hampton Bay LED 3W low voltage. Rear is One rear motion sensor.

It all worked…for about 3 days. Then the transformer disappeared. Removed devices groups, reset everything, reinstalled everything. Worked for 1 week. Now once motion is detected the wired LV lights won’t turn off.

Thx Ring for wasting my time again and again. It is simple ‘listen’ on/off timer program.

Hey ring- to be clear- I’m about one day away from taking this transformer, smashing it with a hammer, posting a picture to every website and forum I can find, and then mailing it back to your corporate office with attention to James (your website won’t let me put his last name).

We greatly appreciate your continued feedback and patience with this matter. Some neighbors have shared what worked for them in this thread. Removing and readding the Transformer, or removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, might help to improve functionality. If it did not, please check out our Smart Lighting Transformer installation help center article to ensure all criteria there has been met.

Rest assured, we have shared this feedback with our team who has been investigating and is working to resolve these concerns as we speak!

Hi neighbors! Feel free to let us know if these concerns have since been resolved.

If not, please remove the current schedule and set new schedules, as well as turn on/off the lights from the Ring app so that the use count gets cleared.

Additionally, check on the settings for your linked devices to ensure they are adjusted properly with no restrictions to light up when motion is detected.

I am experiencing the same issue with the transformer. I have done all steps discussed above and lights remain on even when the ring around power switch turned from white/gray to blue (on to off) as registered in the phone app.

Any real solution from RING?

Where to send this thing and get either a replacement or money back?

Same problem here with the sunset/sunrise scheduling with the Ring Transformer… Tied all of the recommended steps above and no good luck.

The interesting thing is that after spending several communications (and days…) with Support, exchanging “ideas” with their development team, etc. , they come out with the brilliant justification that my scheduling was not working because “my lights were not compatible”??? Funny thing is that the transformer turns on the lights (all LED and way under the specified max load) with a fixed time schedule (i.e. 7:45pm-ON, 11:30pm-OFF) without a problem at all.

I’m not sure how many of you are that savvy on the topic, but this is just full BS to cover a faulty product… In my opinion, to much of being “smart”, when it is doing the same as a legacy dial transformer, but just offering a connection to your mobile to on/off.