Help - cant subscribe to basic

Unable to subscribe to Basic for £2.50 a month, help!!!

Hi, trying to subscribe - go on a large loop everytime on website and application. Can anyone help?

1 Like

Having exactly the same problem trying to subscribe to the Basic plan - very frustrating! The ‘Get Basic’ purchase link just keeps returning me to to my Activity history. Help please!

1 Like

Exact same problem here!

1 Like

The website is confusing and appears to lead the user in an endless circle without subscribing. Instead of clicking “Get Basic” or “Subscribe” from the Protect Plans page, you’ll have to click on the picture of your device in order to get the correct “Subscribe” button that will actually let you purchase the plan.
What seems obvious doesn’t work. The Protect Plans page needs to be redesigned.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, neighbors! We have shared this feedback with our teams who have confirmed any concerns with subscription should be resolved, and subscribing should work as intended. Check out our status page for updates on this matter. If you are still needing assistance with your subscription, our support team is happy to assist by phone. :slight_smile:

SAME–Cant subscribe!! It takes me in a loop back to the “get set up with an app”. I have the app and I have computer login…what am I missing?

3 Likes

Nope. Doesn’t work. Says I have to have ring app but I already do. This is ridiculous. I will be shopping for a different product. I can not believe that you can’t get this simple issue resolved

1 Like

This product seems to be decent however, the support, app and website are full of dead links as well as inconsistencies in interfaces across different platforms (mac, pc, android, ios). Far from streamline, the app in ios seems to be an attempt to do too many things instead of providing clearly grouped and defined buttons and drop down lists.

For example related to this topic, in the ios app selecting “devices” in the drop down list located in the top left corner of the screeen takes you to your devices, fine. Click on the device you want to add a protection plan to and you get a page full of various on/off buttons and icons linked to all sorts of pages with none at all directing you to plan subscription. At one point I was directed to a page that had a link to “chat with an agent”. Sorry but I don’t wish to chat, sit on hold waiting for a representative or circumnavigate the app/ website through empty links and arrive back to ground zero of accomplishing nothing. I just want to subscribe.

This conversation may be worth taking to social media where clear and simple answers may be easilier obtained. 450k plus follwers would agree.

2 Likes

I’m just wanting to subscribe to a ring protect plan, and can’t. My payment info is entered. I logged in and went to My Plans but there is no option to purchase a plan. I tried calling the number but can’t get an actual person on the phone. So incredibly frustreating.

2 Likes

Hey @ajthomps55. Please follow this link here to purchase a plan (get basic or get plus)! If you find that you cannot complete your purchase still, please give us a call at any of the numbers here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want to buy a basic protect plan and every device i log in to it always says “If you are a Shared User of a Ring Product and want Ring Protect features, ask the Device Owner to subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan.” I could go on a rampage right now with how frustrating this is. DO NOT tell me to “check the app!” or simply “log on the website!” as the app doesnt even give me the tab to the protect plan. And the website always ends up saying "

Once you set up a plan or trial, you’ll see it here

If you are a Shared User of a Ring Product and want Ring Protect features, ask the Device Owner to subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan." NO matter if im on a computer or the phone i first logged into the literal account with in the first place. JUST TAKE MY MONEY. WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT.

4 Likes

I know, same thing here!! I have repeatedly (for days) tried purchasing the $10/month plan but it keeps saying it’s the wrong address and it isn’t! I’ve called 25 times and there’s no way to get out of the automated system loop. Furthermore, I sent an email several days ago about this and haven’t heard back yet!! It ridiculous that i bought and installed all of this Ring equipment but can’t use it!!! I’m so angry! I don’t care if there’s a “pandemic,” you can still answer emails and phone calls!!

2 Likes

Theee years later and you’re still sending potential customers in a loop. I have the device, I have the app, but I can’t subscribe. Why would I want your service when this is the experience you offer? I’m strongly inclined to get a different doorbell.